LHAC update 2-5-18

Hardwood chatter
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: LHAC update 2-5-18

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Johnstown beat Bishop Carroll by 18 when Errter played. Not sure he makes them the team to beat. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Johnstown beat Bishop Carroll by 18 when Errter played. Not sure he makes them the team to beat. 
FH beat JHS @ JHS.  BC destroyed FH w/o Errter @ BC.  BC= better with Errter.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I still think Johnstown would beat Bishop Carroll by double digits if they played today. But the Huskies have a nice team. Different teams matchup in different ways. Transitive property doesn't always work.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I agree, it's all about the matchups and how shots drop/ don't drop on any given night, any given game. BC isn't that big inside, but the perimeter game IMHO is superior to JHS. Maybe we'll get to see the result soon.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Manfred wrote:I agree, it's all about the matchups and how shots drop/ don't drop on any given night, any given game.  BC isn't that big inside, but the perimeter game IMHO is superior to JHS.  Maybe we'll get to see the result soon.
I think there are a lot of teams in the league that have good guards BG (Witherspoon/Ruggery), BC (McDannell/Errter), Richland (Burke/Hauser), McCort (Seidel/Jeanjacquet). 
None of those teams have knocked off Johnstown yet.  The team to actually do it was Forest Hills, and the Rangers did it because they have good size on the inside so they matched up better with Johnstown.  Johnstown has been able to overwhelm smaller guards all year, but it was a team with an inside presence that actually beat them. 
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

I think my Huskies will play Jtown in the championship but I don’t think we can beat them. They win by 18 but was up 30 at halftime and they called the dawgs off. BG probably blast forest hills this week sealing the final 4 teams as:

1. Johnstown
2. BG
3. BC
4. Richland
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

If Forest Hills loses to BG their record against the top 4 will be

1-5.  That’s not good enough and don’t deserve to get in.
Wojbomb22
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Wojbomb22 »

When do bg and BC play?
CrazyTrain
Freshman
Freshman

Post by CrazyTrain »

theprophet wrote:I think my Huskies will play Jtown in the championship but I don’t think we can beat them.  They win by 18 but was up 30 at halftime and they called the dawgs off.  BG probably blast forest hills this week sealing the final 4 teams as:

1. Johnstown
2. BG
3. BC
4. Richland
          I know BG beat BC earlier in the year, but I don’t think Cosie was on the sidelines for that game. With Cosie back and a full season under their belts. I’m sure it’ll be a better game this time around. Ruggery didn’t play in that game either. With Ruggery healthy now. I still see BG beating BC. As for a BG vs. Johnstown matchup in the championship. For BG to win they need to play a flawless game. I don’t think BG can overcome Johnstown’s size in the end though.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

If they hit 10-12 three's it might be enough.