LHAC update 2-5-18

Hardwood chatter
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC update 2-5-18

Post by theprophet »

With Forest Hills losing again to BG the 4 teams are set. What we don’t know is seeding. If BC beats BG than BC will become the 2 seed due to tie breaker rules.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Could'a, should'a, would'a. Same as the Richland game, up big at the half, let it get away with foul troubles and depth issues. Losing in OT, I wouldn't call "getting blasted".
It ain't over until it's over.
SFB14
Senior
Senior

Post by SFB14 »

Tiebreaker:

h)         Tie Breaker for playoff places

1.         Head to head.
2.         Record vs. 1st place team, then 2nd place team, then third place team, etc.
(2-0 is better than 1-0 and 0-1 is better than 0-2) 
Note:  In the case of a multi-team tie, when #2 is used as the tie breaker, #1 should be evaluated after the team(s) is(are) eliminated.  Remaining teams revert to #1 and continue the process.

3.    If there is still a tie, the most recent team that played in the LHAC Championship shall be eliminated. (Rose Bowl Rule)  (3/4/09)
If neither team(s) has ever competed in the LHAC Championship, the tie shall be broken via a coin flip. (3/4/09)

If these tie-breaker rules that Crimson posted earlier are correct, then I believe if BG wins on Monday at McCort they will host BC on Thursday making the Tuesday night game at BC meaningless as far as the seedings go. If BG beat BC then they are 2nd. However, if BC beats BG then you go to the tie-breakers. The first one is head to head which would be 1-1. So you would then move to the 2nd tie-breaker:
Record vs. 1st place team- (Johnstown) both 0-1
Record vs. 2nd place team, and in this scenario the 3rd place team as well (both teams are 1-1)
Record vs. 4th place team (Richland) and BG is 2-0 while BC is 1-0 giving BG the edge.
BG still has to win at BM Monday but if the tie-breaker information posted earlier is correct, I believe this would be the way the seedings play out.