D6AA Girls

Hardwood chatter
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

D6AA Girls

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I was just looking at the standings for the District 6 AA girls tournament, and that is some kind of playoff field. There are 5, maybe 6 teams that could win the district and of those teams a few of them could probably go to Hershey.  It's crazy. There can't be many district tournaments boys or girls statewide that has that kind of firepower in one bracket. 

Bellwood is the defending state champion, McCort is the defending district 6 champ. It looks like that will be a first round matchup, one of those teams won't even make the state playoffs. 

Six classes watered some things down, but that's a pretty loaded field. 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D6AA Girls

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I was just looking at the standings for the District 6 AA girls tournament, and that is some kind of playoff field. There are 5, maybe 6 teams that could win the district and of those teams a few of them could probably go to Hershey.  It's crazy. There can't be many district tournaments boys or girls statewide that has that kind of firepower in one bracket. 

Bellwood is the defending state champion, McCort is the defending district 6 champ. It looks like that will be a first round matchup, one of those teams won't even make the state playoffs. 

Six classes watered some things down, but that's a pretty loaded field. 
I think the only crazy part is Bellwood as the 4th seed, I don’t see anyone beating them but weirder things have happened 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I think Juniata Valley beat them last week. 
Tussey Mt. fan
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Tussey Mt. fan »

That is the toughest bracket in the state. Any classification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

BA vs PM in the semi finals is going to be one to watch.

I dont know how good mccort is but I see they have been beaten by the comets and others during the season.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

McCort has won four district titles in a row. They have 3 pretty good, experienced players.  I'm not sure if they will beat Bellwood on it's home floor, but it wouldn't be earth shattering if they pull it off. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

They beat FH @ Osborne St. Anything can happen.
It ain't over until it's over.
FunFacts
Junior
Junior

Post by FunFacts »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:McCort has won four district titles in a row. They have 3 pretty good, experienced players.  I'm not sure if they will beat Bellwood on it's home floor, but it wouldn't be earth shattering if they pull it off. 
This is why I hate that games aren’t at neutral sites anymore. Home court in basketball is a huge advantage when it comes to high school kids.  Really makes pulling off an upset that much harder for McCort even though they are still a 5 seed.  
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I always thought District 6 lacked enough suitable venues for neutral site games, but in recent years there are better gyms out there.

So it’s funny, they went to the homecourt format now and spent a decade of forcing teams to play at the Hollidaysburg junior high gym.
Bballfan123
Junior
Junior

Post by Bballfan123 »

Saw the Altoona mirror out BA as a sleeper to win it.  Hard to imagine that they’d consider the returning state champ; Returning everyone, with a 2000 pt scorer and what will eventually be Blair county’s all time leading scorer, a sleeper..