District 5 Class A Playoffs

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

District 5 Class A

Teams: 8

State Playoff Bids: 3

5-1 vs. 7-5

5-2 vs. 7-3

5-3 vs. 3-2

Championship: Friday March @ Pitt-Johnstown 8 p.m.

8. Fannett-Metal (7-13) at 1. Shanksville (19-4), Tuesday 7 p.m.

5. Forbes Road (9-10) at 4. Southern Fulton (14-8), Tuesday 7 p.m

6. Turkeyfoot Valley (9-13) at 3. Shade (18-4), Tuesday 7 p.m.

7. Rockwood (9-13) at 2. Berlin (17-4), Tuesday 7 p.m.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District 5 Class A Playoffs

Post by 12HankQB »

This should be an awesome playoff. I wish CT and NS would be involved also. I hate that only one of those teams can make the state tourney. Hoping to see Berlin/Shade then Berlin/ Shanksville for the title game. Very impressed with how our boys have played this year in what I had them pegged as a step down from last year. Good luck all. Berlin, Shade, and Shanksville should be able to make nice runs into the state tourney if they're able to avoid any upsets.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BigSkyCountry »

This is going to be an awesome tourney. Any one of the top three teams can come away with this crown. I wouldnt anticipate any of the others to have a true shot at making the championship. But, thats why the games are played. I wouldnt have expected UMBC to do what they did last year but it sure was fun watching them accomplish what they accomplished. Shanksville split with both Shade and Berlin. Shanksville getting the best of both teams in the first meetings and Berlin and Shade getting victories in the second meeting. Berlin lost to both Shade and Shanksville in the first meetings and defeated both in the second. Shade lost to Shanksville and beat Berlin in the first meetings followed by Beating Shanksville and losing to Berlin in the second meeting. I have Shanksville and Southern Fulton meeting in the semis and Berlin and Shade meeting in the bottom portion of the bracket. Shanksville and Berlin advance to the Championship with Berlin, Shade and Shanksville all advancing in an entertaining 5A bracket. Winner? Going to roll with the Berlin Mountaineers on the big floor.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

No surprises last night and sets up for a good set of games on Friday (weather permitting).

4. Southern Fulton (15-8) vs. 1. Shanksville (20-4), TBA Friday 7 p.m.

3. Shade (19-4) vs. 2. Berlin (18-4), TBA Friday 7 p.m.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Shanksville and Berlin do NOT host these games.  they will go to neutral sites for the semifinals.  D5 permits higher seeds to host just one playoff game before going to neutral floors.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Head Roadie wrote:Shanksville and Berlin do NOT host these games.  they will go to neutral sites for the semifinals.  D5 permits higher seeds to host just one playoff game before going to neutral floors.
I would think Shanksville/Shade would be at Somerset and Shanksville/SF would be at Bedford. Shanksville would be the best site for Berlin/Shade, but with them playing they may not host.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Don't be shocked if Shade-Berlin comes East to Chestnut Ridge with Somerset playing (at Bedford) Windber playing (at N.Star) and North Star and Conemaugh Twp. also hosting games.        Also SF/Shanksville almost has to go to Everett .