Reggie Nevins story

Hardwood chatter
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Reggie Nevins story

Post by knowitall »

“We had a barnburner against Tyrone on Thursday. You get done about 9 o’clock at night, get one practice to get ready for a game, and you have no chance to get ready. I think that’s a very poor job by our district committee. I don’t know if anyone else, boys or girls, was put in that predicament. It’s bad enough that we only get one team to go to states, but then to come back here a day and a half after you already played, I think is just ridiculous. I know they say they care about the kids, but obviously they couldn’t care less about the kids. We got a whole week next week, and we could have played any day at any venue. We would have gone to Huntingdon, it didn’t matter to us.”
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

I see his point, but he also had played them twice already. They also played two sets of back to back games during the regular season and only lost one of those 4 games. It's just a whine. If Wayne Wade can still coach....
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

At some point, people are just going to refuse to talk to the media. Why speak to them? It is only going to get you in trouble.  

The reporter was just going his/her job and did it well but there is no advantage in 2019 to really publicly put your thoughts into record. It’s just the society that we now live in. 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

This is clearly fake news
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

12HankQB wrote:I see his point, but he also had played them twice already. They also played two sets of back to back games during the regular season and only lost one of those 4 games. It's just a whine. If Wayne Wade can still coach....
The reason I agree with him is not so much that they only had a day between games, but because there was the whole next week that they could have played instead of rushing to get it over with. I'm sure if you ask Huntingdon they weren't thrilled either about having to sit for two weeks after the game until their first state playoff game.
FunFacts
Junior
Junior

Post by FunFacts »

12HankQB wrote:I see his point, but he also had played them twice already. They also played two sets of back to back games during the regular season and only lost one of those 4 games. It's just a whine. If Wayne Wade can still coach....
The point is it was for a district champsionhip.  Regular season games are completely different because there isn’t an emotional element involved.  Plus why rush it to have the game on Saturday when you had 6 days to choose from the next week?   Yes it was at PSU Altoona but if it wasn’t available the next week so be it I’m sure another venue was available. If it had anything to do with limiting the other games played the same day to try to get a bigger crowd to make more money then that’s just plain wrong on the committees part.  I hope that’s not the case.  I’m with Nevins.  It just doesn’t make sense why the game was held that early. 
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

I don't know the man but if those quotes are the extent of the problem, that is a joke. A junior high coach with one year experience maybe should warrant a talk from the athletic director over this. A coach with his resume, this is a non issue. I agree with the snake in the grass comment. Except the snake shouldve waited for something better before pouncing.  They shot a little too early.