Assistant Coach

Reggie Nevins story

Post by rainmaker »

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Reggie Nevins story

Post by Manfred »

Probably. So much for someone's First Amendment rights. It's OK unless it rubs the wrong person the wrong way, because that person can't handle the truth. Kinda like here.
It ain't over until it's over.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Coach Nevins has taught so many life lessons to so many young men, myself and my kids included, over the course of his 27 seasons. The district will be making a huge mistake should they terminate him over these comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
SFB14
Senior
Senior

Post by SFB14 »

I have no affiliation to the Central program at all but this entire thing is absurd. When you put a microphone or recorder in a coach's face immediately after a tough loss that ended the season for his seniors, you are going to get an emotional response at times. How is this a fireable offense? Is the district committee that thin skinned? Could Coach Nevins have expressed his frustration using different language? Yes, and he probably should have done so. However, this is at worst a warning or a 1 game suspension. Anything beyond that is incomprehensible to me.
no/excuses
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by no/excuses »

SFB14 wrote:I have no affiliation to the Central program at all but this entire thing is absurd. When you put a microphone or recorder in a coach's face immediately after a tough loss that ended the season for his seniors, you are going to get an emotional response at times. How is this a fireable offense? Is the district committee that thin skinned? Could Coach Nevins have expressed his frustration using different language? Yes, and he probably should have done so. However, this is at worst a warning or a 1 game suspension. Anything beyond that is incomprehensible to me.
There's a skunk in the woodpile somewhere.  :-?
IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by IHeartFootball2 »

no/excuses wrote:
SFB14 wrote:I have no affiliation to the Central program at all but this entire thing is absurd. When you put a microphone or recorder in a coach's face immediately after a tough loss that ended the season for his seniors, you are going to get an emotional response at times. How is this a fireable offense? Is the district committee that thin skinned? Could Coach Nevins have expressed his frustration using different language? Yes, and he probably should have done so. However, this is at worst a warning or a 1 game suspension. Anything beyond that is incomprehensible to me.
There's a skunk in the woodpile somewhere.  :-?
Like always!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Whiny?  Certainly.  Deserving of punishment above and beyond a slap on the wrist?  No.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

At the public hearing all they would need is Jimmy Chitwood to come through the door......
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

WOW, if a coach gets fired for those comments, that IS ridiculous. It appears he was certainly frustrated and simply spoke what was on his mind. Can't ANYBODY take criticism today without making it personal. It seems as though that committee is VERY thin-skinned.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Can someone summarize the comments for those who can't view?

If only closed minds came with closed mouths