The rich get richer

Hardwood chatter
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

The rich get richer

Post by upnorth »

Never too early for basketball talk.  Just heard some interesting news that Saint Joseph's best returning player, a 6'6" 11th grade wing with a deadly outside shot, transferred to Bishop Guilfoyle a few weeks ago.  Word on the street is that the family is not moving.  Coincidentally, this young man also plays on an Altoona-based AAU team with a few other BG players.  The D6 Committee recently ruled him ineligible for post-season play this upcoming season.
Last edited by upnorth on August 16th, 2019, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRUSHER92
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: The rich get richer

Post by CRUSHER92 »

To me, a catholic to catholic transfer is a big giant no!!!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

BG probably has a better library.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

PIAA rule automatically makes him ineligible for playoffs D6 is also not allowing the kid to play at all this season from what I heard.

Poor kid will have to sit out a whole year and can’t transfer back because of the double transfer rule. Why would BG even allow this to happen?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

theprophet wrote:PIAA rule automatically makes him ineligible for playoffs D6 is also not allowing the kid to play at all this season from what I heard.

Poor kid will have to sit out a whole year and can’t transfer back because of the double transfer rule.  Why would BG even allow this to happen?
Why would a catholic school turn down tuition money? 
SFB14
Senior
Senior

Post by SFB14 »

Last night I talked with someone familiar with the transfer who told me St. Joseph’s signed off on it, and he will be eligible to play in the regular season this year but not the playoffs. Next year he would be eligible to play in both.