Ryan Easter

Shoot the half!!!
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Ryan Easter

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Congrats to Ryan Easter who broke BHS all-time win record on Friday night. He got his 130th career win. He broke the record that was held by Brian Gibbons. I would think Ryan will most likely end up with 140+ by the time it is all said and done. Congrats Ryan is a great kid on and off the mat.
kidcoach
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Ryan Easter

Post by kidcoach »

Congrats to Ryan!!!
CaptinAmerica
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by CaptinAmerica »

Definitely one of the best to come through Bedford. Does anyone know what the Bedford county win record is?
Once you have wrestled, everything else in life is easy.-Dan Gable
odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by odoyelrules »

The D5 Bedford County Record is held by Tyler Dibert of Chestnut Ridge with 138. Josh Snyder of Hyndman had 132.

I believe that when Claysburg Kimmel is included in the discussion that the recordholder is Ty Dively with 146 and a few other Bulldogs have 130+ lifetime.

Additionally I didn't see this elsewhere, congrats to Bedford winning the LHAC title with Friday's 51-16 victory over Westmont Hilltop. This with Gabriel and T Brett not wrestling.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

I would guess he gets Tyler Dibert then.

Yeah, Westmont D-6 team dual seeding looks even worse now. If Gabriel and Brett wrestle an average Bedford team probably wins 60-9.

I'm probably going to get killed for saying this but, D-5 and 6 teams are not what they were a while back. CR and Hun are really the only 2 that I consider really good. CR being a top 6 or 7 team in the state and Hun a 9 or 10.
odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by odoyelrules »

If Westmont was in D5 would they have been the top seed- ie undefeated with a win over AAA Johnstown?

I agree that D5 and D6 are down. The drop in quality of the Laurel Highlands has been surprising.

I think that Hun would have been a slight favorite over CR if they met in Hershey. 2 of CR's best are at 106 and 285, which are far and away Hun's 2 weakest weights. Oliver/Crouse could have been a highlight match, perhaps will happen @ Johnstown.
Lionpride11
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Lionpride11 »

Great wrestler and kid been great to watch last 4 years hope him great success in the college
87Bison119
Freshman
Freshman

Post by 87Bison119 »

Guess the Father of the old record holder will have to eat crow as it seems he told Ryan at districts that no way would he brake Tyler's record. Believe it is now @ 141 wins! Good job Ryan!
collegekid
Freshman
Freshman

Post by collegekid »

I don't think Tyler's father would have said anything negative about Easter, I have talked with him personally about the subject and he has a lot of respect for Ryan as a wrestler as does Tyler and is happy for Ryan for breaking the record. yes I'm sure he would have liked to see his son hold the record a while longer, but records are meant to be broken and Ryan had one hell of a career and deserves it.
odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by odoyelrules »

I believe this is accurate:

Bedford County (including Claysburg-Kimmel) Career Wins Leaders:

Ty Dively, CK (2012), 146
James Dodson, CK (2012), 141
Jarrett Musselman, CK (2002), 141
Ryan Easter B (2014), 141