D-5 Brackets

Shoot the half!!!
CaptinAmerica
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: D-5 Brackets

Post by CaptinAmerica »

I think the "antics" are pretty obvious in my post.... CR cheering more for a bedford loss than a CR win.
Once you have wrestled, everything else in life is easy.-Dan Gable
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

CaptinAmerica wrote:. Thomas could have had a huge celebration when beating Claar at Thomas but he acted with a lot of class. That to me speaks volume of their character but to cheer when 2 quality kids like Thomas and Easter lose to a non-CR wrestler
What non cr wrestlers? And Easter won last night.

Don't like the refs take you test. Pass it and work some elem tourneys and give me a call I'll and maybe I'll give you a match. What kind of changes would make? D5 has excellent officials maybe they made a few bad calls but they are human. If you get do better go for it. Otherwise cut Em some slack
"I'm your huckleberry"
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Which bedford loss? Easter and warren won and Claar beat Thomas. Again what antics?
"I'm your huckleberry"
CaptinAmerica
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by CaptinAmerica »

i dont know how else to explain this. CR fans will cheer when a bedford wrestler loses even if that bedford wrestler isnt wrestling a CR opponent. Go to SW and you'll see what im talking about.

As far as the refs go.....were you watching any of those matches? Ask those 2 CR wrestlers whether they want to cut the refs some "slack"? Maybe ask Thomas about that takedown in the finals, I'm sure he'll give the refs some "slack"? As far as changes go, we need new outside refs. If that cant be done bring in an outside source and grade officials through out the year and districts. Refs that don't pass the standard get sent down to Jr. High. I can handle a few bad calls but its becoming a problem.
Last edited by CaptinAmerica on February 23rd, 2014, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptinAmerica
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by CaptinAmerica »

TylerRose wrote:CRfan16, I'm a Ridge fan but not originally from the area, I've never been able to understand many of the Ridge fans cheering against Bedford regardless of the venue. At the SW tourney I will bet u see many Ridge fans rooting for District 7 or 6 wrestlers before the Bedford wrestler. So your beef comes off a bit ironic to me. There's simply bad eggs in every fan base.

post i am referring to.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

I didn't actually see anything this weekend that was too outrageous. CR fans are just some of the most vocal and they are large in numbers. With Bedford falling out of the top of the district I doubt you will see as much cheering against Bedford kids. I think poor southpaw and ridgedad were depressed yesterday because there were times when a Bedford kid was wrestling a Berlin kid and they actually had to root for the Bedford kid too help their chance of winning the title over Berlin.

With that said there are worse fans in our district. It was on display big time a few years back. But since they aren't as good as they were then the fans aren't coming out quite as much.
sportsfever145
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sportsfever145 »

I see what point Captin is making at the Thomas alone ridge fans cheered more for Easter's loss then what they did for a Ridge kid winning. On the other hand I've seen the same thing happening toward Ridge in the past 2 years with Berlin. No one apparently likes repeat of success.
sportsfever145
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sportsfever145 »

D5 has good officials a couple bad calls or id should say calls that didn't go a certain way for a team, but that happens seen it last week at district 6 and it will happen this weekend in Johnstown and it happen in Hershey.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

if you all look back to previous years basically you can save time on typing. This is the same conversation we have every year after districts.

CR will be pretty disliked in a few years. They are going to be the top team for the next few years, they have coaches from several different programs that have jumped ship to coach with Lazor. (Everett, Bedford, NS, CT) and their fans are boisterous.

Southpaw- once Dep makes the jump to HFH they will be a District power for years to come. I have heard not only Cornell but some members of the CR staff will be going with Dep.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

CaptinAmerica wrote:i dont know how else to explain this. CR fans will cheer when a bedford wrestler loses even if that bedford wrestler isnt wrestling a CR opponent. Go to SW and you'll see what im talking about.

As far as the refs go.....were you watching any of those matches? Ask those 2 CR wrestlers whether they want to cut the refs some "slack"? Maybe ask Thomas about that takedown in the finals, I'm sure he'll give the refs some "slack"? As far as changes go, we need new outside refs. If that cant be done bring in an outside source and grade officials through out the year and districts. Refs that don't pass the standard get sent down to Jr. High. I can handle a few bad calls but its becoming a problem.
I watched the matches and Shank's are very good friends of mine and it really hurt to see Sams career end on a bad call but it happens. Now to you solutions. Where are you going to get new outside refs? Everyone in the state has districts the same weekend. What part of the state has better refs than us? Please tell me because I haven't seen it. What outside source to grade refs? Who going to pay for that? Who in d5 that refs would you replace any of the ones we had this weekend? You have some good ideas but frankly they aren't realistic solutions. Again seriously if you can do better take your test.
"I'm your huckleberry"