D-5 Brackets

Shoot the half!!!
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D-5 Brackets

Post by southpaw »

Lefteyelouie wrote:if you all look back to previous years basically you can save time on typing. This is the same conversation we have every year after districts.

CR will be pretty disliked in a few years. They are going to be the top team for the next few years, they have coaches from several different programs that have jumped ship to coach with Lazor. (Everett, Bedford, NS, CT) and their fans are boisterous.

Southpaw- once Dep makes the jump to HFH they will be a District power for years to come. I have heard not only Cornell but some members of the CR staff will be going with Dep.

No they will be a state power! HFH will be synonymous with Beth cath.
"I'm your huckleberry"
crwrestlingfan16
Freshman
Freshman

Post by crwrestlingfan16 »

I didnt mean for it it cause a war. I completely understand how ridge fans act and I will be the first to admit that it is overboard sometimes. I was just stating there was a few Berlin fans in particular that were starting a fire but I understand they just wanted CR not to get team points. Personally, I loved seeing Warren win last night especially since its his senior year. Ridge and Bedford have a rivalry and that is that. Nothing you can do about it. As we move to regionals, personally, i love to see get as many bedford county kids to hershey as possible. Im happy for Easter with his 4 peat. Theres nasty fans everywhere you go in every sport....
X-MAN
Junior
Junior

Post by X-MAN »

When Bedford had Carroll, Dep, Ripple, Easter and the Creps (if you consider him a coach), nobody in Bedford had a problem with too many coaches. In my opinion, Lazor is doing the right thing in allowing the great coaches that were handed undesirable situations by their old teams a new home. If they weren't the top team in the district, no one would even notice. Do you think one of the most respected coaches in D5, Pat Berzonski, would volunteer all that time and all that money just to ride the bandwagon? No, he does it because he loves the sport and will do anything to be a part of it.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

I agree. Lazor has it rolling pretty well at CR. You can't have too many quality coaches. Plus Deputy kinda doubles as a head cheerleader. LOL
silvrnblk11
Senior
Senior

Post by silvrnblk11 »

Lefteye you should change your name to BdWizard the way you like to the stir the pot.LOL
odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by odoyelrules »

southpaw wrote:
Don't like the refs take you test. Pass it and work some elem tourneys and give me a call I'll and maybe I'll give you a match. What kind of changes would make? D5 has excellent officials maybe they made a few bad calls but they are human. If you get do better go for it. Otherwise cut Em some slack
What change I'd make - pay the officials more (which would perhaps get more involved), evaluate the officials more, demote low performing refs. I don't recall the details, but a buddy that is an official detail tracked his time and expenses 1 year and he claimed that he ended up making well under $5/hr for the year. An AD informed me that he knows that there is a problem when he's paying the security guard more than the official, but he wasn't going to rock the boat to pay officials more. The small pool of officiating candidates - people who love the sport and must financially be somewhat willing to volunteer their time - leads to less than ideal officials.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Playing a little devil's advocate here. I had made a comment earlier saying I thought refs were bad this weekend. But, that's what I meant. Just this weekend. I think overall our refs generally do a pretty good job. When I talk to people from outside our district they generally think we are pretty fortunate that we have as good of refs as we do. I think because we live in such a small town type of area and everyone knows each ref personally and where they are from and who they are friends with, that we automatically think that they are homers for their school or buddies, team or kids. I just don't think they are as bad as we are making them out to be. I think if we would have D-6 officials come in and do the D-5 tourney that we would see our D-5 guys are pretty good.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

slvrnblk11- it's just so easy to get some people stirred up I can't resist.

However I stand by my comments that Deputy already has a foot out the door in pursuit of the HFH job. I heard they plan to have a golf team and he will head up that coaching position also.
Nets77
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nets77 »

HFH? You referring to Hope for Hyndman? Not sure that will happen, he may take over as coach, but he will get very few kids to transfer there for school. The education kids are receiving there not up to par with the education kids are receiving at surrounding schools. The test scores are getting are below average. Also think parents will be skeptical to send their kids there, as the school could close down at any time. Charter schools in rural areas only last 5-6 years on average (they have been open 3). The CEO is not supportive of athletics at all, in fact when they were trying to get their charter she spoke several times about not having sports at all, until she realized how low their enrollment numbers would be.. I know the basketball coach tried to recruit a few kids when the school opened (from Ridge, Berlin, and Meyersdale), but the parents weren't having it.
Millermom
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Millermom »

I've never posted before but I felt the need. I have never felt anger towards CR because they win. Last year at the Berlin CR match my son called injury and CR fans booed. My son later found out he has a serious health condition that could have taken his life that night. I have no respect for adults that boo a kid especially when they don't know what is happening.