D-5 Brackets

Shoot the half!!!
crwrestlingfan16
Freshman
Freshman

Re: D-5 Brackets

Post by crwrestlingfan16 »

Once again, if you know nothing about a topic, simply keep your mouth closed. Deputy isnt going anywhere. That 'reliable rumor' is the biggest bunch of bullcrap ive ever heard. Deputy has kids in the district. You guys just look for something to complain about..
crwrestlingfan16
Freshman
Freshman

Post by crwrestlingfan16 »

My thoughts on yesterday- Shank and Davis got ripped off. Especially, Shane Davis. I was very disgusted and completely understood lazor's frustration. Claar and Crouse had great matches kudos to them. I was very disappointed in the lack of class from other schools (berlin) Dont get me wrong, I completely understand Ridge fans have their moments and can sometimes be nasty. However, After Shanks match, Berlin fans screamed and acted like they were waving a towel like ridge has the gold towel like they were mocking ridge. It looked completely immature. There was no reason for that behavior, especially when some parents were yelling and pointing at teenage ridge fans, grow up. Also, i dont understand how if someone gets thrown out of the gym, they can just walk back in and nobody says anything.... just saying.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

He is planning to send them to HFH. I heard it's a done deal. He will be able to draw wrestlers from about 4 or 5 districts to wrestle for HFH. I hear he is actually in Philipsburg today recruiting the JO tourney for potential wrestlers.

Also it is a bit comical that CR fans think others may be going a bit overboard in their cheering and/or cheering against CR. I've never seen that type of behavior from any of the Lion faithful.
TylerRose
Senior
Senior

Post by TylerRose »

CRfan16, I'm a Ridge fan but not originally from the area, I've never been able to understand many of the Ridge fans cheering against Bedford regardless of the venue. At the SW tourney I will bet u see many Ridge fans rooting for District 7 or 6 wrestlers before the Bedford wrestler. So your beef comes off a bit ironic to me. There's simply bad eggs in every fan base.
sportsfever145
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sportsfever145 »

Berlin cheers hard core against Ridge kids and Ridge fans cheer out of control for a Bedford kid to lose. KID they are KIDS!
crwrestlingdad89
Freshman
Freshman

Post by crwrestlingdad89 »

Is there anywhere you can get the radio broadcast from yesterdays wrestling action.
sportsfever145
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sportsfever145 »

Maybe cement job would have it
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Lefteyelouie wrote:He is planning to send them to HFH. I heard it's a done deal. He will be able to draw wrestlers from about 4 or 5 districts to wrestle for HFH. I hear he is actually in Philipsburg today recruiting the JO tourney for potential wrestlers.

Also it is a bit comical that CR fans think others may be going a bit overboard in their cheering and/or cheering against CR. I've never seen that type of behavior from any of the Lion faithful.
Lefty is on to something here. HFH can get kids ridge bedford meyersdale and Berlin. Plus shanksville, township, and rockwwood via the Berlin "connections".

Imagine the HFH line up this year.

106 Burkett cr
113 Gabriel bed
120 swank ber
126 Easter bed (he can suck down)
132 Claar
138 fochtman bb
145 crouse cr
152 Cahill bob
160 fochtman
170 Buttry cr
182 Berkeley md
195 Bennett HFH
220 smith md
Hwt Buttry

Tough lineup. I know some are at lower weights but it is plausible.

I think that lineup can got to war with Beth cath

Nice idea lefty
"I'm your huckleberry"
CaptinAmerica
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by CaptinAmerica »

my take on the weeked:

first off the wrestling was awesome.....the officiating was horrible. worst i have ever seen. drastic changes need to be made. The refs made a lot of bad calls. 2 more CR wrestlers should have qualified for regionals and the final takedown in Claar vs Thomas was terrible.

CR fans are ridiculous. Someone posted a good point earlier about CR fans cheering louder for a Bedford loss than a CR win. That is so true. What it comes down to is decades of Bedford pretty much dominating CR, plain old jealousy. Also to add to that I never understood why CR hated Bedford wrestlers so much. They show some of the best sportsmanship as a team. Take out the Brett family and they are one of the classiest teams in D-5. Ive seen some of Bedford's studs lose heartbreaking matches (Easter vs Crouse, Thomas vs Claar) and have great sportsmanship. Easter could have very easily thrown up 4 fingers after winning his 4th D-5 title or done some kind of big celebration but no he shook his opponents and coaches hands and walked off the mat. Thomas could have had a huge celebration when beating Claar at Thomas but he acted with a lot of class. That to me speaks volume of their character but to cheer when 2 quality kids like Thomas and Easter lose to a non-CR wrestler? Blows my mind. Antics like that will make you the most hated team in D-5 not for being a winner but for being bad winners. The fans make the kids look bad. I bet my opinions wont set will with CR fans but it needed to be said.
Once you have wrestled, everything else in life is easy.-Dan Gable
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

What antics? Be specific. All schools have fans that are over the top. Ridge fans are no different than the others. Ridge just has more fans than most so obviously more vocal. Again what antics?
"I'm your huckleberry"