WOW!

Shoot the half!!!
D5Alumniwrestler
Sophomore
Sophomore

WOW!

Post by D5Alumniwrestler »

I just read that Joey Swank is playing football at Shade! Does this mean Shade will FINALLY have a good wrestler
odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: WOW!

Post by odoyelrules »

A) Swank was a state qualifier in cross country last year at Shanksville, so it is quite surprising that he is playing football this year.

B) Windber's James "Wolf" Otten was D5 OW in 2011 and placed 3rd @ regionals in 2012 @ Shade.

C) Shanksville coops to play football @ Shade.

D) Shanksville coops to wrestle @ Berlin.
D5Alumniwrestler
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by D5Alumniwrestler »

Why wouldn't they coop with Shade for wrestling ?
And with all do respect Otten wasn't that goo,he had to beat Revak from North Star in the finals! Lol such a hard bracket, let me tell you!
odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by odoyelrules »

I don't know this, but the Shanksville coop with Berlin might have been in existence before Shade's entrance into D5 wrestling. Anyway wouldn't cooping with Berlin make more sense then cooping with Shade? Said differently isn't Berlin a better place for Joey Swank's development then Shade would be?

Agree that D5 145 in 2011 was weak. I thought that 1 of the 3 NBC upperweights should have won the OW award, perhaps they split the vote.

However I give Otten a lot of credit in 2012 - at regionals he pinned D7#2, D6#2, D7#3 and D7 #1. Losing only to Berchick.