Regionals

Shoot the half!!!
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Regionals

Post by old school »

I hope this is not true but I head regional’s is moving to IUP and it will be held on Thursday and Friday.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
Chiefwapum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Regionals

Post by Chiefwapum »

The move is going to happen and the Thursday-Friday schedule is still up in the air. This is going to make a lot of area wrestling fans very unhappy
I would love to know why the change. I guess it's the same old adage if it isn't broke they try to fix it anyway. My guess is much like the new football's the PIAA is
requiring all PA high schools to use. (They get more $$$) so someone is going to make some money along the way with this move or the ice capades are in town.
I will however say that the complex at IUP is very nice. You will however, have to walk a pretty good piece as the last time I was there for a wrestling event we were not
permitted to park in the parking lot designed for the arena. We were forced to park a good piece away and hike to the venue.
IrvonianIcon
Freshman
Freshman

Post by IrvonianIcon »

I think this is great...I think the war memorial was horrible for watching wrestling...I myself liked UPJ..jam packed and a great atmosphere
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

I have no problem with regional’s being moved..as a matter of fact I think it should be held at a new location every 5 years...but Thursday and Friday.....C'MON MAN!
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

I like old schools idea. Maybe rotate between dist 7 and 5&6. But no way Thursday and Friday... That sucks
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by odoyelrules »

War Memorial is hosting Disney on Ice that weekend...did they forget about regionals like they did a few years ago, did PA/5/6/7 not want the event there, or did the War Memorial think that they'd get more $ from hosting Disney? My guess is the $.

IUP would like to have their gym available to host a PSAC basketball playoff game on Saturday...not sure how long PIAA/5/6/7 can wait before locking in the date. How many hotel rooms available in Indiana? Perhaps schools/clubs should reserve Thur and Fri now, cancel later?

My guess is that D5 and D6 pushed for IUP, with the concern that if regionals were lost to a D7 site that they would remain out west.

As far as rotating hosts:
D5 - anything?
D6 - War Memorial, IUP, UPJ, Altoona Field house (used by AAA), Richland??? everything else far from D7
D7 - should have plenty of options. Greensburg (Hempfield) would be somewhat conveniently located, though D7 used to put things out in Washington when SW region was D5 and D7.