Local Wrestler's on National scene

Shoot the half!!!
Blitz
Freshman
Freshman

Local Wrestler's on National scene

Post by Blitz »

First I would like to say Congratulations to the Cody Law and his family on a huge impressive accomplishment. It seems we are starting
to get more and more local wrestlers onto the big scene of Division 1 wrestling. I also seen that Bloomsburg got beat by Pitt in their opening dual and
we had two local boys making their college wrestling debut. Yes the Riz is back and from what I understand hasn't lost a step and won his first collegiate match.
Great job. Another local Tanner Cahill won his college debut (actually the only win Bloomsburg had vs. Pitt in entire dual) In addition to that I see that Garbinsky of Tyrone
is starting at 157 for the panthers and he posted a win as well. I checked out both Pitts and Blooms web site and they both cover the entire match pretty good.
I am sure there are many more locals out there and maybe our buddy knop can do a little diddy on who and where some of the other locals are.

Great job to all of you guys and a tip of the hat to ya. :ymapplause:
KnopsKnotes
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Local Wrestler's on National scene

Post by KnopsKnotes »

I must have picked up ESP when I was in Hawaii, Blitz, because I woke up Monday morning thinking, "It's time I put together that list of local wrestlers in the NCAA." Well, either that or I realized, like you did, that the there are quite a few area guys making an impact at the D-I level these days.
I already had the list done by the time I saw your post and just needed to figure out how to put it in an easy-to-read table. I got that done after work Monday night, so it's now posted at http://knopsnyder.blogspot.com/2014/11/ ... ion-i.html.
By the way, I reached out to Cody Law this week, but Penn State doesn't allow athletes to talk to media unless it's set up by their sports information department. I can't make it to their media day on Tuesday (stupid election) but someone will be representing The Tribune-Democrat and writing a story for us. Should be published sometime this week.
Blitz
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Blitz »

Nice list and great job Knopp. Many of us out here appreciate your work. That is a very impressive list of young men.
It will make it much easier to follow some of them. Thanks again
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Add the name Triston Law to this list. The local rag had a nice article about his declaring to PSU after a visit, and subsequent phone call from Cael Sanderson. Now the Ranger Nation hopes he can ride the wave all the way to a state title this year. He's up to 138#, and hopes to go 141# in college.
It ain't over until it's over.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Saw that . Congrats. Psu now has it's own Law firm.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Haha! Yeah, his parents have had Tshirts for a while now that say, "You fought the LAW, and the LAW WON!
It ain't over until it's over.