This weekend's Sheetz Classic

Shoot the half!!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

This weekend's Sheetz Classic

Post by Manfred »

If you have any insight, commentary, or general info, post here, like teams entered, etc. Guess I have to try to find an Altoona Mirror on Fri., Sat., or Sun.
It ain't over until it's over.
Chiefwapum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: This weekend's Sheetz Classic

Post by Chiefwapum »

This Tournament has grown significantly in regards to the amount of teams that are scheduled to participate. The competition
level has grown accordingly. The teams that I am aware of attending are as follows:

Entered teams: Altoona, Bellwood- Antis, Berlin Bros. Valley, Cambria Hts.,Central Cambria, Chartiers Valley, Colonial Forge( VA), Conemaugh Twp., Forest Hills, Hazelton Area, Hollidaysburg, Hyndman Charter, James Wood( VA), Kempsville( VA), Ligonier Valley, Mercer, Mifflinburg, Mt. Pleasant, Penn Cambria, Portage, Redbank Valley, Richland, Riverbend( VA), St. Joseph’s Catholic, St. Mary’s, South Park, Tyrone, Williamsport, Williams Valley

As you can see this tournament has grown and it will be tough. Some of the weight classes will be stacked. Great way to start the season. :ymapplause: The big problem here is the amount of teams attending (29 compared to last years 17) Penn Cambria struggles each year in regards of room for spectators and wrestlers alike. I have know idea how they intend on stuffing that many people into the space they have. I'm afraid that there will be a bunch of spectators that will be in foul moods as they will most definitely have know where to sit and will with out a doubt be getting screamed at by security the entire time to move from wherever they camp out. I hope I am wrong but, years of experience tell me that I am not. Get ready for great wrestling and miserable conditions. :-w

Good luck to all
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Thanks, Chief. As a cramped grouchy spectator at the past few years' tourneys, I think I'll try to read about it from home, if I can find any links or maybe broadcasts? Maybe they could get some help from the new Mt. Aloysius fieldhouse?
Chiefwapum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Chiefwapum »

Agreed Manfred. I to will limit my time there. I believe there is something in the works for the future as I am hearing the intent is to
expand a bit more.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

It's always been a Penn Cambria tournament, but with it being called the SHEETZ Classic, and Sheetz HQ in Altoona, could there be a future tournament at the Altoona HS Fieldhouse? Just wondering, but if they want to expand even more than it already is........
Chiefwapum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Chiefwapum »

I have to give a big shout out to all the Penn Cambria wrestling coaches, boosters and all those who helped in this weekends tournament.
I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical about seating conditions. To my surprise and delight I have to
say they did an excellent job. The tournament ran about as smooth as you could ask for. Seating wasn't near as bad as I thought it might be.
I don't really know if some people stayed away or if PC made adjustments but, I can tell you it wasn't at all to cramped to enjoy. Their also seemed to
be some really good competition and it made for some interesting early season match ups. Great job to all those involved.
CRWizard
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by CRWizard »

Is one of the foctman boys not wrestling this year?
Chiefwapum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Chiefwapum »

I believe that is the scenario as of right now. It could change I haven't heard confirmation either way. If I had to guess I would say
he will not return this year.
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

what's the reason he's NOT wrestling? Football scholarship?
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

CRWizard wrote:Is one of the foctman boys not wrestling this year?
If this is the case then I don't see them knocking Ridge off