Ridge At Bedford on Saturday

Shoot the half!!!
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Ridge At Bedford on Saturday

Post by crfball »

Who all isn't wrestling for Berlin? What's going on up there?
Blitz
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Blitz »

I am not sure who is or isn't wrestling, but I do know they lost a bunch. I guess if you check the results tomorrow it will
clearly answer the question.
As for what's going on up there I think I have an idea that it revolves around another sport.
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

I think Bedford will have more than 3 points. It's the CR/Bedford match so everyone will come hyped up and ready to wrestle. In this match, the kids always seem to rise up and wrestle better sometimes than they normally would. I don't think Bedford will win, but you never know, someone gets caught here or doesn't give up the bonus points there and it can make a difference in the team score.

I am also curious as to why Beaver didn't wrestle. I can't imagine that Brandon Clark beat him out for that spot. Could be maybe he's hurt or grades.
localyocal
Freshman
Freshman

Post by localyocal »

i heard he is cutting to lower weight, don't know, just what i heard.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

There would be no benefit to CR for bumping McCoy away from Gabriel. CR will win the matches around that weight anyway. Bedford would also be stupid to bump Gabriel. Bedford is going to lose and they are going to lose BIG!! Why not get your best kid the best match you can get him.

I only see Bedford having the potential to win at 4 weights.

CR won't be challenged IMO in the regular season. Somerset and Berlin have decent teams who always come up small in big matches in the past vs. both Bedford and CR.
localyocal
Freshman
Freshman

Post by localyocal »

Gabriel and McCoy will wrestle, not sure it will be the match all are saying. 2nd in state vs. 2nd week of varsity wrestling?
I think McCoy will battle him, but its a little early for a freshmen to compete with a varsity guy at that level
sparky
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sparky »

2nd in the state last year, yes. Beatable? Certainly. I don't see Gabriel repeating his performance from Hershey this year. It would be a good match. Honestly think that if they wrestle McCoy could win.
Live Life to the fullest
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Gabriel is a high level kid. He has wrestled against high level competition for a long time. I think he wrestled fargo this off season and did very well. Just because his picture isn't in the paper every time he goes to an off season tourney doesn't mean he isn't working in the off season. I don't believe his state performance from last year is a fluke. I think he will be high on the podium again.

That being said McCoy is no regular freshman. He would have possibly had a medal at 106 last year if he was a varsity kid. He is more then good enough to wrestle a good match against Gabriel.

CR people (most) that I have talked to think he is better then Gabriel now. I guess we will see on Saturday how it unfolds.
localyocal
Freshman
Freshman

Post by localyocal »

louie, from your earlier posts I thought you were a cr dad or had some ties, now not so sure. the cr folks I have talked to say good match but Gabriel now, maybe by end of season it could change. whatever the outcome, it should be a good match and a great test for a freshmen.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

yocal,

not from CR, I just am able to call it like I see it. CR is tough and deserves credit. Some folks won't give either team or kid credit if their from the opposing school. (southpaw, ridgedad)