Ridge At Bedford on Saturday

Shoot the half!!!
Exwrestler182
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Ridge At Bedford on Saturday

Post by Exwrestler182 »

I think Gabriel will handle him pretty good! Bedford will win more matches than expected! Ridge doesn't have the same deep lineup as last year! They have some week spots
dragondad
Freshman
Freshman

Post by dragondad »

McCoy is a very talented wrestler that give 110% in every match he wrestles and Gabriel is the same way, I look for this to be more in favor of Gabriel right now because of varsity experience but come the end of the year McCoy is going to be a tough competitor and he just might have the upper hand then
boxer156
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by boxer156 »

Let me preface this by saying I think the world of McCoy, and think highly of him as a wrestler (and young man). With that being said, I'm really surprised to see people actually thinking that an incoming Freshman can beat a seasoned Junior?! Styles are everything in wrestling, and I think Johnny is a bad match-up for Justin. Gabriel is very explosive, quick, and good on his feet---I have always thought Justin as more of a 'grinder' type wrestler (and very good at it).

With another year of varsity I think we can possibly entertain thoughts of a better match---but for now, I'm taking Gabriel with a comfortable win.
sparky
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sparky »

Just a hypothetical question. But what is ridge sends out harbaugh at 120 to get a forfeit and bumps everyone up so Dunlap will get Gabriel and they bump everyone up until they bump out their 182 lber. To me that leaves Bedford with only 4 potential wins. 126, 160, 220 and heavyweight.
Live Life to the fullest
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

sparky wrote:Just a hypothetical question. But what is ridge sends out harbaugh at 120 to get a forfeit and bumps everyone up so Dunlap will get Gabriel and they bump everyone up until they bump out their 182 lber. To me that leaves Bedford with only 4 potential wins. 126, 160, 220 and heavyweight.
If this is the case gimme CR 45 B 10 or CR 42 B 13 if weights are wrestled straight CR 42 B 18 or CR 39 B 21
CRWizard
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by CRWizard »

I want to see the McCoy and Gabriel match and would bet that it is going to happen. Lazor doesn't run from anyone, and Creps won't either. There must be something in the water if people think McCoy is beating Gabriel. Wrestling a State runner-up in your 6th Varsity wrestling match is a tall order. It will be a show though, but Gabriel will have the upper hand.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Lefteyelouie wrote:yocal,

not from CR, I just am able to call it like I see it. CR is tough and deserves credit. Some folks won't give either team or kid credit if their from the opposing school. (southpaw, ridgedad)
Good to see left eye getting over the "kick" and coming out of mourning. He's back to normal stirring the pot and making crap up.

I hope to see left eye and my brother in law at the match on Saturday night.
"I'm your huckleberry"
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Lefteyelouie wrote:Gabriel is a high level kid. He has wrestled against high level competition for a long time. I think he wrestled fargo this off season and did very well. Just because his picture isn't in the paper every time he goes to an off season tourney doesn't mean he isn't working in the off season. I don't believe his state performance from last year is a fluke. I think he will be high on the podium again.

That being said McCoy is no regular freshman. He would have possibly had a medal at 106 last year if he was a varsity kid. He is more then good enough to wrestle a good match against Gabriel.

CR people (most) that I have talked to think he is better then Gabriel now. I guess we will see on Saturday how it unfolds.
Who thinks he's better than Gabriel? Once again stirring the pot, lol
"I'm your huckleberry"
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bcor »

wrestlingnum1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by wrestlingnum1 »

I feel like Dan Brett could possibly beat TC. He is doing pretty well this year with a record of 6-2. and came really close to placing at King Of The Mountain. he hasn't lost by more then 3 points either. he has pinned 3 kids and tech'd one.