Regionals Question?

Shoot the half!!!
getready
Freshman
Freshman

Regionals Question?

Post by getready »

I heard tonight that SW Regional will not be at IUP and is going to Canon-Mac. Something about IUP wanting 16K to host.

Any truth to this from those in the know?
CITYBOY
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Regionals Question?

Post by CITYBOY »

Its at IUP
odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by odoyelrules »

odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by odoyelrules »

The question is why Washingson County again...Johnstown and even Indiana were somewhat centrally located within the region, a Westmoreland or even Fayette County school couldn't have hosted??

While on that topic, how has Altoona kept the NW regional AAA tournament for so long...Clarion or Dubois appear to be much better geographic fits.
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

Does anything associated with "PIAA" make sense?
Chiefwapum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Chiefwapum »

It is somewhat unbelievable that the PIAA shows zero support to wrestling. Maybe they do that with other sports as well, I don't know.
What is amazing is the fact the PA is known to be the best High school wrestling state in the country, yet these idiots treat it with very little respect. As far as that is concerned we have the best college wrestling in the country as well. We should feel lucky that the donkeys in the PIAA are not involved in college wrestling. I would think a state organization would embrace this sport with the reputation it has. Surely there are enough influential people floating around to cause the PIAA headaches. These guys need a wake up call. If someone has a good idea on how to approach this I am sure many will listen.

On another note:

I have never been to Canon Mac school and am wondering how big the place is? I suppose we should be glad we have a place to have the regional tournament and we all knew eventually it would end up back in the WPIAL. This is where it will stay. It seems to me that if any one area has influence on the donkey's it would have to be the WPIAL.

It also seems to be a bit of a shame for these kids to bust their humps all year to make it to the regional show(Where many kids will wrestle their last match of their lives) and have it end in just another high school gym. Great job PIAA you have once again proved how inadequate you truly are. :ymapplause: I wonder if the Donkeys made a deal with a headgear company and made every wrestler wear the brand of their pick would wrestling then get a little attention. Might be an idea for the donkeys. They could grease their pockets some more and the wrestlers might get a little consideration.

Can someone post an email where one could send complaints into Donkey Headquarters?
PsuDfense30
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PsuDfense30 »

Canon Mac is where they hold the Powerade, so I'm assuming it's not just "another high school gym".
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

I heard IUP wanted too much money
"I'm your huckleberry"
bedfordalumni
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bedfordalumni »

iup wanted 16000 to use the facility. Way too much money the tournament doesn't make that much.
silvrnblk11
Senior
Senior

Post by silvrnblk11 »

Nothing like waiting till the last minute to iron out the details. Way to go PIAA.