District 5 duals

Shoot the half!!!
silvrnblk11
Senior
Senior

District 5 duals

Post by silvrnblk11 »

When will we know who is in and who is not ? and seedings ?
TylerRose
Senior
Senior

Re: District 5 duals

Post by TylerRose »

D5 Website says the cutoff is 1/27, with the 1st round scheduled for 1/29. So I'd say either late 1/27 or 1/28.
CITYBOY
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CITYBOY »

As per Ryan Springs Blog:

District 5 Duals taking shape
District 5 released a preliminary team duals bracket this afternoon and you can view that here -

http://district5.piaa.org/sports/winter ... ackets.htm.

Chestnut Ridge is the top seed and will host the semifinals and championship on Saturday. Berlin is the #2 seed and also has a bye into Saturday's action. It does say that seeds 3-6 could change based on any wrestling today or tomorrow. Those seeds in order are Somerset, North Star, Hyndman, and Meyersdale.
Two matches of interest tomorrow are Berlin at Somerset and North Star at Bedford. It appears that North Star could jump to the third spot. Looking at schedules, I don't believe that Hyndman (4-4) or Meyersdale (5-5) wrestle until Thursday so they would both stand pat at the .500 mark, and it looks like they will get in. Hyndman was 2-3 entering last week, and the Hornets earned wins over Meyersdale and Shade.
I have Bedford at 4-6, so even a win over North Star tomorrow can not push them to .500, while Northern Bedford is 5-8 and should beat Juniata Valley, but that will still not be enough.
Posted by Ryan Spring at 4:53 PM No comments:
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bcor »

Any news on eligibility of Beaver and McGill for Ridge?

What is health status for Shane Davis?
tarwaterkid
Freshman
Freshman

Post by tarwaterkid »

Any predictions for Hyndman vs. Somerset?
SportsLady
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SportsLady »

VEGETABLE SOUP !!!!!
Really.....any thoughts on Somerset vs Hyndman? This will not be worth the $5.00? to get in for a District TEAM DUAL. Hyndman FFTs 3 weights and Somerset gives one...so 10 matches...over in 38 minutes. Somerset isn't that good but will win 49-12.
So instead run over to N Star and see NS/MEY. Ns won early in year 53-12 so will that be worth $5.00?

I just cannot wait for Saturday.....not. I the words of the old NS coach...we should not have wasted the Gasoline to go there. Som vs CR will be another meat grinder even with CR missing some guys. CR by 30+ resting guys for 2:00 pm match with BERLIN. Yes Berlin will get by NS without Boyce and Collins. Then Berlin after being pushed by NS never quit boys ( Gus, Charlton, Connor & Mostoller) won't have any gas against CR very well conditioned machine.

There will be some possible good matches Fochtman/Crouse...Buttry/Cahill.....Connor/ Cahill. but I think I will save my gas money.

Now just for fun...who would win if Somerset and Berlin combined teams against CR? Put Fabian at 145 and Austin Hemminger at 152 and Cole at 120.. I still think CR wins by 20. What about NS/Berlin vs CR...that puts Mostoller at 145 and let Storm wrestle 3 min and Charlton 3 min at 182...Cahill 195 3 min followed up by Connor for 3 min vs Buttry.....I still take CR by 18.

Corn, carrots, beef & peas...how about Westmont with good light weights mixed with NS and Berlin vs CR... NOW I WOULD PAY TO SEE THAT !!!
I hope CR can get all of their wrestlers back and make a run down at Hershey. For me Saturday I will stay home and eat vegetable soup.
tarwaterkid
Freshman
Freshman

Post by tarwaterkid »

Thanks for the ever so great advice Sports Lady.
TylerRose
Senior
Senior

Post by TylerRose »

With all the early dismissals in the area, are these matches still scheduled for tonight? If not, I'm assuming they have to be rescheduled for Friday evening?
WU133
Freshman
Freshman

Post by WU133 »

Spring Into Sports:

"If you didn't know by now, the District 5 matches for tonight have been pushed to tomorrow afternoon at 4 p.m. Fourth seed Somerset hosts fifth seed HOPE for Hyndman, and third seed North Star hosts sixth seed Meyersdale."