Thompson FALL McDowell 1:01
Hamilton D Reader 7-1
Norris D Rigney 5-4
SteveMerkle
Freshman
Freshman

Re: D6 Placing matches

Post by SteveMerkle »

The family wants to go so I might not get to post 285 results. The roads here are in white-out condition. I'm very sorry... We might stay though. Not sure.

Maines D Jones 4-3
Oliver MD Hockenberry 9-1
Carlheim FALL Elder 2:59
SteveMerkle
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteveMerkle »

Deitman D Winfield 3-2 UTB
Ness FALL Colyer 0:45
Smith FALL Sbeitan 2:48
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

Thanks for the updates stay safe driving home
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
SteveMerkle
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteveMerkle »

Made it with no issue. Glad we stayed for 285, the roads were way better than they were rumored to be by the time we left. Congratulations to all the Regional qualifiers! Great job to all the wrestlers as well.

On a less positive note, I'm very disappointed in a lot of the fans tonight. I think that the collective district 6 community owes Drew Doak a huge apology. In his championship match against freshman stud, Anthony Walters, many members of the crowd held the opinion that the refs missed some stalling calls against Doak. Not only when Doak's hand was raised, but also when his name was called on the podium, there were overwhelming boo's in the stands. Doak is an amazing wrestler and wrestled smart. Both wrestlers worked their hearts out, and neither of them can be held accountable for the refs' actions. Doak earned his 4th consecutive district title. And Anthony Walters proved that he will never be an easy opponent, for the remainder of the offseason, and for every season that follows. Congratulations, Drew Doak, on your first place win. And congratulations, Anthony Walters, for not making it easy on that stud of a senior. Great luck to you both in Johnstown (and hopefully Hershey)!!
SportsFan04
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by SportsFan04 »

Thank you for the updates! Greatly appreciated
spikes
Junior
Junior

Post by spikes »

I totally agree with you SteveMerkel. For grown ups to act like that is totally pathetic. I actually heard boo's a couple other times over wrestlers. In the incident you mentioned I witnessed a "grown up" threatening the coaches on the mat. =))

For the guys who couldn't make. There was some awesome matches. It was really pathetic that District 6 couldn't of had someone updating the brackets as they were wrestled. All of the bout sheets and stuff were done by computer. That could of all been transferred over to the net also.
SteveMerkle
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteveMerkle »

Honestly, I have some "in"s with the Altoona Area SD tech department. I'll talk to them to see if they can take the time to get in touch with the athletic department to make sure someone has internet access. The AASD WiFi connection isn't as simple as putting in a password like at home. Obviously, whoever is running the tournament is going to need to figure out where they plan on posting updates. I assume this will be d6wrestling.com...

I don't want to go into a bunch of techy-computer detail on here because I'm sure that's not exactly what you care about, so the point is, does anyone who WHO from altoona school district I should tell them to contact? I don't want to make a half-butted attempt if I'm going to do this. Those tech guys are pretty busy, and unfortunately, they couldn't care less about athletics. But I think I can get our point across.

What will be required on the athletic side of things is a solid plan. It'll have to be a one-man job, because they're not going to give a bunch of people access.
They already post updated brackets at the end of each day, so it seems to me that they just need access to the high school's WiFi. Fortunately for us, the guy I'm closest to in that department is the one guy who would be responsible for making that happen.

Let me know what I can do to help, guys.