ineligable wrestlers

Shoot the half!!!
spikes
Junior
Junior

ineligable wrestlers

Post by spikes »

Just curious if there is any kind of discipline handed down if a wrestlers competes when not eligible? Like at districts and he actually places. Then it is found out he actually wasn't eligible to wrestle. I would also assume the coaches would of been aware of this.
Stonycreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: ineligable wrestlers

Post by Stonycreek »

I was just thinking about this situation and some others: injuries, not making weight, etc.
I don't know if there are repercussions to the team and or coach. My guess would be, if it was to happen then the wrestler would be DQ'd and the seeds below said wrestler would all move up one spot. This is an interesting question.
spikes
Junior
Junior

Post by spikes »

They could move the seeds if caught before they wrestled. But if not caught until after all wrestling was done then there should be some kind of discipline for wrestler and coach. This is just my opinion. I didn't know if there was something already in place and I just never heard it being talked about.
X-MAN
Junior
Junior

Post by X-MAN »

You should be ineligible for posting this.
spikes
Junior
Junior

Post by spikes »

Just why should that be?

Are you a family member of the one who did this?
X-MAN
Junior
Junior

Post by X-MAN »

Let me just leave this here...
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-02-19-17-26-25.png
Wrestlingfanatic
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Wrestlingfanatic »

Last year a kid missed weight by 1/10th the ref let him wrestle anyway and he took 3rd..... I was at the weigh ins
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

:-? A TENTH of a lb.? Are you kidding? Who calibrates their scales to that tolerance? I'd question the equipment. Seriously.
It ain't over until it's over.
spikes
Junior
Junior

Post by spikes »

I have heard of wrestlers not being allowed to wrestle because of 1/10 of a pound. It happened to my nephew. As a wrestler you should not let that scale decide your fate. You should be smart enough to have a little cushion there. As a coach why would you even let your wrestler compete knowing he wasn't eligible to wrestle because of grades? Knowing the way wrestlers, teachers and students talk. It's bound to get out.
Wrestlingfanatic
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Wrestlingfanatic »

It bothered me because either way he missed weight and the kid that took4th would've advances