WJAC

Shoot the half!!!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: WJAC

Post by knowitall »

I just don't know how with so many schools in its coverage area playing so many sports that the station can keep everyone (or anyone) happy with its sports coverage.
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Husker33 »

They made it down to cover states yesterday. Guess with few basketball games they had enough reporters to get down their.
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

What I don't get is there HAS to be another NBC affiliate from Johnstown to the NY state line. Why are they covering Brockway, Punxy, FOrest, Elk and Cameron counties. It's a waste. I am willing to bet that 90% of those who watch their coverage (not just sports but entire news coverage) are from Cambria, Somerset, Bedford and 5% Blair county. I'm sure few to none watch from the far north counties. Even Clearfield and Center county.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

There isn't. We are very fortunate to have a TV station in Johnstown.
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

The only NBC affiliates in the western part of the state are WJAC, WPXI in Pittsburgh and WICU in Erie. The only NBC affiliate available to us in Centre county is WJAC. We have the same local lineup as those who live in Johnstown except we do not have any access to the Pittsburgh channels.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

They took KDKA away from Johnstown, still have WTAE. Used to be nice having two CBS stations, sometimes could catch an extra NFL game of the steelers weren't playing.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

bleacherbum wrote:
Manfred wrote:
bleacherbum wrote:I believe a 18 year old volunteer firefighter in critical condition that was trapped in a structure fire trying to help a family save their entire life saving is more news worthy than a sports score.
Maybe I'm not as much of a sports fan as Manfred?
I'm sorry if the unfortunate death of the firefighter stepped on your toes. I merely used it as a prime example of the way things are reported. You substitute any other town, any other incident, if it upset you. We ARE talking about the sports segment, and people need to know why things are as they are.

My toes are fine. And the firefighter is in critical condition not deceased. Apparently all the extra coverage didn't catch your attention. Maybe if the 18 year old would have hit a few threes and added a couple foul shots you would know his story.
Allow me to be the first here to say how unfortunate that young Mr. Buck has passed away, according to our ace local station's 6 :00 news. I apologize for having used his story as an example earlier. May he Rest In Peace.
It ain't over until it's over.
bleacherbum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bleacherbum »

Allow me to be the first here to say how unfortunate that young Mr. Buck has passed away, according to our ace local station's 6 :00 news. I apologize for having used his story as an example earlier. May he Rest In Peace.[/quote]

Let be the first to say your a standup guy Manfred!
YANKEESUCK
Junior
Junior

Post by YANKEESUCK »

Hasn't Matt Maisel been on this website to explain that thePSU sports reporting is sponsored which would explain why morePSU stories than Pitt stories. Money talks
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Matt doesn't work for WJAC anymore.