Post by sparky »

Doak vs Walters round 3(at least) @ 160
Live Life to the fullest
Stonycreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: States Day 2

Post by Stonycreek »

boxer156 wrote:What is the story with Teasdale-vs-Jaret Lane match??? We know both boys very well, and while Jaret is very good--he has to be very undersized for this weight (he was runner-up last year in Jr. High 82lbs). Very surprised to see it this close?? Anyone see the match, or why/how it went to OT????
I believe he caught Teasdale in a headlock and threw him on his back. Teasdale spent the last 30 seconds or so bridging out of a pin.
Stonycreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Stonycreek »

Congrats to all who advanced.
PsuDfense30
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PsuDfense30 »

Glorioso ranked #2 loses then loses, (understand he had a tough matchup in Bordner), Barnes at 152 ranked #2 loses then loses, Sheldon at 170 ranked #1 loses then loses. I might be completely crazy but do these kids lose motivation once they get into consys with a state championship or bust kind of mentality? I understand it's states and everyone is super good, but just kind of reminds me of when Alabama football lost to Utah in the Sugar Bowl because they weren't focused from not being in National Championship. Not saying they do lose motivation but wondering if this happens.
boxer156
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by boxer156 »

Stonycreek wrote:
boxer156 wrote:What is the story with Teasdale-vs-Jaret Lane match??? We know both boys very well, and while Jaret is very good--he has to be very undersized for this weight (he was runner-up last year in Jr. High 82lbs). Very surprised to see it this close?? Anyone see the match, or why/how it went to OT????
I believe he caught Teasdale in a headlock and threw him on his back. Teasdale spent the last 30 seconds or so bridging out of a pin.

Thanks...that immediately jumped out at me when I was reading the results.
Stonycreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Stonycreek »

PsuDfense30 wrote:Glorioso ranked #2 loses then loses, (understand he had a tough matchup in Bordner), Barnes at 152 ranked #2 loses then loses, Sheldon at 170 ranked #1 loses then loses. I might be completely crazy but do these kids lose motivation once they get into consys with a state championship or bust kind of mentality? I understand it's states and everyone is super good, but just kind of reminds me of when Alabama football lost to Utah in the Sugar Bowl because they weren't focused from not being in National Championship. Not saying they do lose motivation but wondering if this happens.
Rankings are just something on paper, along with records. Its fun to look at and it might give you a little bit of an idea about things but it doesn't matter what it says on paper, anything can happen at states. Determination can beat a 40-0 record at any weight. These things happen every year and I don't think anyone can explain it. All seeds and records go out the door on Thursday morning. As far as guys not wrestling well in wrestle backs, I think the loss in the top half of the bracket can have a huge impact on the guys who expected to win it all. Whether its pressure form themselves or someone else.
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

How many freaking kids did Bethelem Catholic take to states
Stonycreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Stonycreek »

crfball wrote:How many freaking kids did Bethelem Catholic take to states
LOL!

I believe that would be 11.
JustWrestle
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by JustWrestle »

Yea and how many of them are actually from around there? :-?
DFFSBA
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by DFFSBA »

Stonycreek wrote:As far as guys not wrestling well in wrestle backs, I think the loss in the top half of the bracket can have a huge impact on the guys who expected to win it all. Whether its pressure form themselves or someone else.
This happens a lot when a good kid loses in the quarters or semi's. Oftentimes, especially if the loss is an upset, the kid is mentally down because his dream was just shattered, and he immediately needs to get back up to wrestle again in the consi's. And, oh by the way, wrestle against a kid that just won a match or two and is riding on some confidence......... I'm not saying the system needs fixed, just the way it is.