States Day 3

Shoot the half!!!
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: States Day 3

Post by bcor »

87Bison119 wrote:A big congrats to Jon Gabriel. Thanks for all you have done. 51 years of frustration was replaced by your big smile today on top of the podium. The Bedford faithful salute you!
It is inspiring what it takes to win a state championship ... well done, Jon Gabriel!
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Congrats Jon Gabriel. Job well done. Definitely a kid that wrestles his best at the state tourney. 7-1 record down there now. I believe I Heard his weight had 8 returning place winners in it??

McCoy, definitely will get lots of hardware. A lot will depend on where his weight is. I wouldn't call him a sure fire state champ, but definitely has a chance.
Cutch
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Cutch »

I had the opportunity to attend states this weekend. I don't personally know any of the Ridge wrestlers but they conduct themselves with class. You can tell that they are a tight group. I enjoyed watching all their matches but thought Crouse's final match was special. He came back to beat a kid who he lost to earlier in the tourney. He is a bull. After his final match of high school, he simply looks over to his coaches and nods.....no arrogance just a simple nod. After leaving the mat, he is congratulated by his coaches with hugs and you could see tears from both Crouse and his coach. Again, a special moment to see all the sacrifices and dedication from both the wrestler and coach.
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bcor »

Cutch wrote:I had the opportunity to attend states this weekend. I don't personally know any of the Ridge wrestlers but they conduct themselves with class. You can tell that they are a tight group. I enjoyed watching all their matches but thought Crouse's final match was special. He came back to beat a kid who he lost to earlier in the tourney. He is a bull. After his final match of high school, he simply looks over to his coaches and nods.....no arrogance just a simple nod. After leaving the mat, he is congratulated by his coaches with hugs and you could see tears from both Crouse and his coach. Again, a special moment to see all the sacrifices and dedication from both the wrestler and coach.
Thank-you for sharing! Wish I could have been there ... win or lose, Hershey is a powerful, powerful experience.
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bcor »

87Bison119 wrote:A big congrats to Jon Gabriel. Thanks for all you have done. 51 years of frustration was replaced by your big smile today on top of the podium. The Bedford faithful salute you!
Spring put up some good pics ... http://springintosports.blogspot.com/20 ... mpion.html