NCAA Brackets

Shoot the half!!!
JustWrestle
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: NCAA Brackets

Post by JustWrestle »

How bout the Ian Miller match at 157#? They scored the bout wrong and Miller should have won in regulation 10-9. ended up losing 11-10 in SV and they wouldn't reverse the score because the wrestlers had already left the mat
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

What about the Rasheed boy at 165?
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

Imagine if they can get Pletcher, Suriano, and Lee to go along with Manville next year
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Lee is a soph... But he'd be my priority for 3 years
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

JustWrestle wrote:How bout the Ian Miller match at 157#? They scored the bout wrong and Miller should have won in regulation 10-9. ended up losing 11-10 in SV and they wouldn't reverse the score because the wrestlers had already left the mat
Committee ruled that outcome stands because the coach didn't challenge right away. How goofy is that? So the coach is supposed to coach his guy, and critique officials and scorekeepers at the same time? Where's the accountability? I call BS!
Not only does Miller (a senior) get hosed, but those extra 7 Pts has Cornell in top 4. 1 pt in front of Edinboro. Top 4 get team trophies. With Habat, Port,& Schopp graduating, whens Edinboros next shot at that?
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bcor »

Results in bracket form can be found here ... http://www.ncaa.com/sports/wrestling ... just click on "Bracket"
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

McCutcheon and Hammond are kind of a disappointment to me. I know they get ripped a lot on the message boards
JustWrestle
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by JustWrestle »

Listened to the KSU coach talk about the issue and he said that he went to the table and told them the score was wrong and they told him he was wrong, he said he was caught up in the match and wasn't 100% sure if he did miss a point or not so he didn't push it further until after the match when he went back and watched it with the refs and they saw the scoring error.
JustWrestle
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by JustWrestle »

If you re-watch the broadcast even the announcers briefly mention the KSU coach going to the table questioning the score but it's quickly dismissed. There's also an interview with an NCAA rep explaining the outcome and like you said they put the blame on the coach and said the method to dispute calls is by raising the challenge flag and wouldn't deviate from that answer. I just don't get why it's the coachs job to keep score in his head while all that's going on.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

crfball wrote:McCutcheon and Hammond are kind of a disappointment to me. I know they get ripped a lot on the message boards
Why? McCutcheon didn't place but if u look at the way things went, you can make the call he was a point ( or a lil more in the tank) away from being in the finals. And with 22 wins Hammond deserved an at large. He may not of placed, but can beat 1/2 the guys that were there.
.... A. Einstein