Gabriel vs. McCoy

Shoot the half!!!
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Gabriel vs. McCoy

Post by crfball »

Heard someone talking about this match next year already. Does it happen? Will they be at different weights? Who wins if it does?
everett
Junior
Junior

Re: Gabriel vs. McCoy

Post by everett »

Seriously? Who, besides their parents', are talking about this match in June? Besides, one is a returning state champ, and the other one got like 6th. You figure it out.

I swear some of you Ridge parents get on here just to tout your kids names on this forum.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

As a true wrestling fan I'm always thinking of matches I'd like to see in the up-coming season and this is one of them.

Who do I think will win.... Gabriel but if they wrestle more than once I think McCoy has a chance to win

FYI not a Ridge parent!!
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

old school CR parent or former CR parent. Same difference.
TheRealMcCoy
Freshman
Freshman

Post by TheRealMcCoy »

This is Greg McCoy, Justin’s father. I’ve never posted on here before but thought today would be a good day to start. I believe a lot of this is in good fun, but we can all respect what Jon Gabriel accomplished last March. This young man did something that most wrestlers dream of, but only the very smallest percentage ever achieve. His state title is an honor that no person on this forum or this planet can ever take away. Regardless how many wins and losses Jon has between now and next March, he will always be a PIAA state champ.

Everyone reading this with a state title or medal to their name can respect how much hard work, dedication, commitment, and mental strength it takes to earn a state title or any spot on that podium. I think it’s good for us keep these things in perspective when we talk about these kids.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

Lefteyelouie wrote:old school CR parent or former CR parent. Same difference.
you failed to mention I am employed by the Bedford School District
Last edited by old school on July 7th, 2015, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
Stonycreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Stonycreek »

After reading this: http://springintosports.blogspot.com/ I don't think the gap between the two is that far and I didn't even before reading it. Anything can happen.
CRWizard
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by CRWizard »

I would be more interested in what weight class these two plus the other studs in our area may be at this upcoming season.