KOM

Shoot the half!!!
everett
Junior
Junior

Re: KOM

Post by everett »

He must have beaten some Forest Hills kid, lol. I'm mystified that more people don't call you out for your smug commentary
Last edited by everett on July 25th, 2020, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

VoiceOfReason00 wrote:Funny how the Cassidy question got deflected.  Maybe CR also recruits?!   Hmm
I don't think the question got deflected. More likely, it's that everyone who knows anything about local wrestling knows how ridiculous that question was and they know that Coach Lazor is a stand up guy. That's not the way he does things at Ridge. Look at the teams he has had over the years and its home grown talent. I couldn't tell you about the family dynamics between the parents of Cassidy or what their jobs entail, but I do know Cassidy's mother is a Ridge alumni and they previously lived in the Ridge school district before they moved to Bedford. They recently bought a farm in Ridge and live within the district. Maybe your recruiting insinuation is just sour grapes on your part because you or your team or your kid keeps getting beaten by CR?
Tuffontop1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Tuffontop1 »

I believe more than just Cassidy moved into there program this year. Well supposedly moved anyways
Tuffontop1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Tuffontop1 »

so what about the hope for hyndman kids that just suddenly "moved in"
DFFSBA
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by DFFSBA »

SportsFan96 wrote:
VoiceOfReason00 wrote:Funny how the Cassidy question got deflected.  Maybe CR also recruits?!   Hmm
I don't think the question got deflected. More likely, it's that everyone who knows anything about local wrestling knows how ridiculous that question was and they know that Coach Lazor is a stand up guy. That's not the way he does things at Ridge. Look at the teams he has had over the years and its home grown talent. I couldn't tell you about the family dynamics between the parents of Cassidy or what their jobs entail, but I do know Cassidy's mother is a Ridge alumni and they previously lived in the Ridge school district before they moved to Bedford. They recently bought a farm in Ridge and live within the district. Maybe your recruiting insinuation is just sour grapes on your part because you or your team or your kid keeps getting beaten by CR?
THAT ^ was the best commentary on the whole subject!
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

Cassidy lived in ridge before he wrestles at Bedford. They have a farm in ridge district now. And I don't know anybody from Hyndman who moved in
DFFSBA
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by DFFSBA »

crfball wrote:Cassidy lived in ridge before he wrestles at Bedford. They have a farm in ridge district now. And I don't know anybody from Hyndman who moved in
I was thinking the same thing.  Look at all the starters.  They have all come up through CR feeder program with the exception of Cassidy.  And I really don't know how anyone can argue that one when the family buys a FARM in the school district.  It's not like they rented a $200 / month apartment in P-ville to beat the system.  It's obviously a commitment to stay in the school district - and that's THEIR business if they so chose.
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

Tuffontop1 wrote:I believe more than just Cassidy moved into there program this year. Well supposedly moved anyways
Kids moving in to a district is one thing. Kids move in and out of school districts every year. Actively seeking out kids to come to the district just for a sport is another thing and something that is just not in Coach Lazors character or something that he would do. Ridge has always had a strong elementary and Jr High program and they do a good job at developing kids as they come up through. If you look at their line-up it is built from kids who came up through those programs.
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

Tuffontop1 wrote:so what about the hope for hyndman kids that just suddenly "moved in"
If I'm thinking correctly about who you might be referring to, it's some younger kids who are not in high school. I'm also guessing you know nothing about their family dynamics or what might have perpetuated the move to begin with. Kids moving in to a district because their parents moved is not "recruiting"
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

Ok, public schools have kids move into the school district all the time. Did the Cassidy's consider Ridge's wrestling dominance and team make-up when choosing a residence?... probably. Did CR actively contact the Cassidy's to join their program?...very highly doubtful. Coach Lazor runs a very good program, and it is built on "home-grown" kids. I'm sure that the success of the program is enticing to seriously competitive wrestling families, so they may have student athletes move into their district to be a part of this success. This is very, very different than what was going on at McCort where kids were being actively pursued by people directly involved in their wrestling program.