Creps Stepping Down

Shoot the half!!!
everett
Junior
Junior

Creps Stepping Down

Post by everett »

Can't believe no one has reported this on here?  Brian Creps stepped down as Bedford High School wrestling coach.  Several rumors on who will take over. 

He has had a hell of a run, but I think parents got to him in recent years.  Like him or not, but this is a mainstay of our local wrestling scene stepping down, and a sign of the times.
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Creps Stepping Down

Post by TheAnalyst »

Came in to post this but saw you beat me to it.
Brian had a really good run there. Saw in the paper he was like 180-60 over 14 seasons. Sounds like he felt like he thought it was time for a change. Jr High team did decent this year and I hear there is a fair amount of kids in the youth program, so there is something there to work with. Whether that's Joel Easter, Rob Ripple (though I don't think he'll leave Everett), or someone else. I think the Bedford coaching position is a desirable one, unless the parents/admin have made it a bad situation.
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

Bedford named Joel Easter as the new wrestling coach. He has been an assistant for many years and was a standout wrestler during his high school career there. He is the 7th coach in the history of Bedford wrestling. Of the first 6, 3 are in the state wrestling HOF. Congrats Joel.
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

Surprised they didnt go outside bedford to find the new coach? Nothing against Joel, but I'm surprised by this.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Easter hopes his office at Bedford High will be in the basement. That way he'll never have to step down.