LHAC Championship

Shoot the half!!!
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: LHAC Championship

Post by Husker33 »

everett wrote:
old school wrote:This isn't Lazors first rodeo.  I'm sure he has every scenario laid out and ready to go
Any truth to the rumor this is his last rodeo this season???  Heard he wants to coach his daughter, and his boy isn't wrestling anymore?  Who would take over if this is true?
Haven't heard anything about Lazor stepping away.  He is going to coach Softball, but I don't see how that would really stop him from coaching wrestling.
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
EricKnopsnyder
Freshman
Freshman

Post by EricKnopsnyder »

Cutch wrote:As always, great stuff Eric. I'm sure there will be a big crowd.  Any chance it will be sold out?
I've covered a lot of big matches at Westmont over the years and have never seen it sold out. But I also plan to get there early just to be safe. :)
EricKnopsnyder
Freshman
Freshman

Post by EricKnopsnyder »

old school wrote:This isn't Lazors first rodeo.  I'm sure he has every scenario laid out and ready to go
Oh, most certainly not. He and his wrestlers have been in bigger matches than this, so the stage certainly won't be too big for them. He's a great coach, but his lineup is usually so solid it doesn't require much bumping. I'm not saying by any means that he'll be out coached, just that Beaujon has a knack for throwing a kid out there that you've never heard of and him somehow helping the team get a W.
TylerRose
Senior
Senior

Post by TylerRose »

So I'm still a little confused on where the matches will be wrestled.  Is the JV in a different gym than the Varsity match?  Is there a concern at all if you go to the JV match the varsity gym could already be filled when you try to move to the other gym?  I'm not familiar with how their gyms are set up.  Thanks.
EricKnopsnyder
Freshman
Freshman

Post by EricKnopsnyder »

TylerRose wrote:So I'm still a little confused on where the matches will be wrestled.  Is the JV in a different gym than the Varsity match?  Is there a concern at all if you go to the JV match the varsity gym could already be filled when you try to move to the other gym?  I'm not familiar with how their gyms are set up.  Thanks.
All of the wrestling will be in the same gym. It's the one Westmont has been using for decades. They built a new gym last year, which is where they play basketball and volleyball. The wrestling stayed put, and as has been said before, it's plenty big.
The junior high match will begin at 6 p.m., followed by the varsity. (There's really no JV to speak of in local wrestling, just a few exhibition matches if both schools can pair up some kids who won't wrestle varsity). 
TylerRose
Senior
Senior

Post by TylerRose »

Thanks Eric, I meant Junior High, screw it up every time....lol
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bcor »

From @KnopsNotes ... https://twitter.com/KnopsKnotes

@WrestlingRidge wins the toss and takes even.

Holderbaum vs. Kushner ... Holderbaum wins 7-2. Ridge 3-0.

Ross Dull is anything but, scoring a takedown with 14 seconds left for a 5-3 victory over Zane Blackburn for @WrestlingRidge, which leads 6-0.

Conner Polacek with a go-behind 35 seconds into sudden victory, and @WestySports is on the board, but trails @WrestlingRidge 6-3.

Trevor Weyandt with a pin and @WrestlingRidge is off to a great start, up 12-3 after four bouts.

@noah_korenoskii with a 5-point move in the first, holds on for a 7-3 win. @WestySports down 12-6 to Ridge.

@ethan___kelly pulls @WestySports into a tie and Hudson Holbay breaks it with a second fall! Hilltoppers take first lead at 18-12.

Seth Holderbaum for @WrestlingRidge and Camden Moors for @WestySports at 160. I think this is a toss-up that could be big in dual meet.  Holderbaum with a MONSTER second period, scoring all 8 of his points there in an 8-1 victory. @WrestlingRidge still down18-15, but with studs to come.

It plays out just as we thought, with Westmont having to send first at 170, Ridge gets Mason McVicker against Hunter Holbay there, then will have Jared McGill vs. Mason Muto at 182.  McVicker wins 4-3 and @WrestlingRidge should be in good shape, now tied at 18.

@jared_mcgill21 with a tech fall over Mason Muto and @WrestlingRidge retakes the lead, 23-18, with four matches to go.

Crouse and Dluhos has the look of someone getting a big move and a pin. Wild first period ... And that's exactly what happens. Crouse pins Dluhos and @WrestlingRidge takes firm control of this one, up 29-18.

Duane Knisely with a PIN and @WrestlingRidge clinches the LHAC, up 35-18 with two to go! Congrats Lions!

@seaceterbunny13 looking good with that profile pic and in a 7-0 win over Max Yonko! @WrestlingRidge up 38-18

-- Knops too busy to tweet out final result :-) ... so ... from https://twitter.com/WrestlingRidge --

106; Burkett of CR wins by fall over LaMantia of Westmont Fall Time- 1:13 Overall Score: 44-18

-- Knops finally adds :-) --

Kai Burkett with a first-period fall to cap @WrestlingRidge's dominating 44-18 victory over Westmont Hilltop. Lions won 10 of 14 bouts. No. 6 team in the state looked very good.
Last edited by bcor on January 22nd, 2019, 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bcor »

Also from @KnopsNotes ... https://twitter.com/KnopsKnotes

41-29 Huntingdon over Penn's Valley
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bcor »

So ... was the coin toss critical?

Seems like match would have been 42-24 if coin toss goes other way (assuming Muto wins by fall and McGill wins by fall) ... or am I missing something?
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

bcor wrote:So ... was the coin toss critical?

Seems like match would have been 42-24 if coin toss goes other way (assuming Muto wins by fall and McGill wins by fall) ... or am I missing something?
Yeah, I don’t think anyone was expecting this score and it appears that coin toss wouldn’t have mattered that much. Only shuffling of the line ups was at 170 and 182