AAABA post

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: AAABA post

Post by knowitall »

...and then there was three...

Johnstown, Philadelphia and Chicago. Who has the pitching left to get it done?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I see Johnstown has a D1 kid going tonight that plays for Northeastern. Not a bad option for your Saturday night starter. Looked like he had a nice freshman season.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Good run by the home team.

The name Trexler did not appear in a box score since Tuesday.

Are Chicago and Philadelphia more interested in winning today or finally getting to go home? What did they do all week? How would you like to spend a week in Zanesville or Youngstown and play six games in seven or eight days?
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

After the game was over last night, Chicago celebrated like they just won the world series. I think they're in it to win it. And Johnstown is like Chicago nowadays, gunfire in certain parts of town.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I was wondering if Philadelphia spent the week in a hotel or did they stay with family in the Oakhurst Homes.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Maybe that's why Philadelphia and Chicago are doing so well, it's like being home.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

knowitall wrote:Good run by the home team.

The name Trexler did not appear in a box score since Tuesday.

Are Chicago and Philadelphia more interested in winning today or finally getting to go home? What did they do all week? How would you like to spend a week in Zanesville or Youngstown and play six games in seven or eight days?
There's always the 44 ambassadors for them to chase after. Kinda like the old Beach Boy lyric, "2 girls for every boy". Seriously, other than the one night's character slip, Martella's had a pretty decent week representing the city, and the last 3 games don't get any more exciting than that. Too bad the one kid had so much adrenaline going that he blew through the 3rd base Coach's STOP sign, and as a result, cost an out and potential tying run. Can't wait till next year already!
It ain't over until it's over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

El-Moldo wrote:After the game was over last night, Chicago celebrated like they just won the world series. I think they're in it to win it. And Johnstown is like Chicago nowadays, gunfire in certain parts of town.
The Chicago Metro team is better than the Cubs. =))
It ain't over until it's over.
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

spin wrote:My problem is I watch far too much local sports in a several county area. However I was treated to a one of it kind game tonight when NB lost to Martellas. It had a little bit of everything with Boyer getting to first base on his speed after a third strike and a dropped ball by the catcher. It had good pitching then extremely poor pitching. It had what I think was a changing strike and ball zone and to be honest was just flat out fun ball in the final two innings.

Martellas loaded the bases in both the 8th and 9th innings. Consecutive walks leading to the go ahead run. A powerful charge by NB to take back a game they felt was stolen from them.

ND should have closed the last inning out with a win but had some key errors or mistakes in the infield.

What it boils done to is this for $5.00 I can watch some nice baseball locally. I take into consideration these are still kids and they play their hearts out in these games.

I don't know if they can beat Chicago but if it is half as entertaining as tonight's game then what more can I ask for.
Its a shame that there are games like this every night of the summer throughout the region but people only show up to watch the tournament. There are hundreds of kids who play their hearts out and don't have a shot at getting into the tournament. Its a pleasure watching them all.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

The last two AAABA articles in the TD were both head scratchers. First they chose to move the National Tournament back a week, so that leagues could get their seasons finished and because they didn't want to compete with the Music Festival for Hotel space??? Shouldn't the leagues adjust their schedules to make them work with the Tourney, and does the Music Festival really command Hotel space other than for the out-of-town acts? The players are mostly college age, pushing the tourney back a week closer to the start of the semester can't be good. And maybe some of the people in town for the tourney would actually go to the Music Festival, so maybe it could be a win-win.

Then the local league claims that they have two teams ready to go, but that they need sponsors to step forward, or they won't play. I can't believe that these teams won't play if they can't get businesses to step-up and pay the bills. What about the players chipping-in to pay the entry fee. All of these kids are old enough to work, they certainly could chip in a few hundred dollars each to make this work. These kids have most likely been paying hundreds of dollars annually to play on travel teams or to get off-season instruction. Why not let the kids pay the bill instead of begging some business to step-up.