The Look Ahead - D6 Edition

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
Squad345
Freshman
Freshman

The Look Ahead - D6 Edition

Post by Squad345 »

Since we're about half way through the off-season, what's everyone's opinion regarding the upcoming District 6 classes? Team info, previews, predictions can go here. Who's looking to be the D6 A, AA, AAA, & AAAA front-runners?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: The Look Ahead - D6 Edition

Post by Manfred »

FH will be solid with their young, but experienced nucleus returning. Underclassmen Harteis, Bambino, Vought, Panick, Polinsky will be complemented by seniors Murphy, Shearman, and Madison, and a couple young guns from the frosh ranks including Cecere and Jake Shope. I know a name or 2 escapes me just now. Bring your A game, opponents.
It ain't over until it's over.
Opinionguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Opinionguy »

Manfred wrote:FH will be solid with their young, but experienced nucleus returning. Underclassmen Harteis, Bambino, Vought, Panick, Polinsky will be complemented by seniors Murphy, Shearman, and Madison, and a couple young guns from the frosh ranks including Cecere and Jake Shope.
Adam Cecere and Jake Shope are only 8th graders, but certainly will be factors in the very near future. I think you are forgetting that J. High Football is now grades 7&8.

The freshman this year vying for possible playing time would be Bernard and Richardson.

This team will go as far as Murphy and Polinsky will take them both at the plate and on the mound. If they can get production out of those two and the above mentioned the Rangers will have a solid club once again.
And the last thing I must tell you...NEVER QUIT!
tazman
Freshman
Freshman

Post by tazman »

I'm thinking Bellwood and central have some solid players returning this year. My guess they will front runners in aa
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Opinionguy wrote:
Manfred wrote:FH will be solid with their young, but experienced nucleus returning. Underclassmen Harteis, Bambino, Vought, Panick, Polinsky will be complemented by seniors Murphy, Shearman, and Madison, and a couple young guns from the frosh ranks including Cecere and Jake Shope.
Adam Cecere and Jake Shope are only 8th graders, but certainly will be factors in the very near future. I think you are forgetting that J. High Football is now grades 7&8.

The freshman this year vying for possible playing time would be Bernard and Richardson.

This team will go as far as Murphy and Polinsky will take them both at the plate and on the mound. If they can get production out of those two and the above mentioned the Rangers will have a solid club once again.
You are of course, correct, my bad. I was getting ahead in my thinking, from one year to the next. Hey, I'm not a youngster anymore.
It ain't over until it's over.
d6footballfan
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by d6footballfan »

I would think JV at least a resonable shot at D6A. They made a nice deep run into the PIAA tourney last year, gave BM all they could handle in D6A finals, and they have a large majority of those kids coming back. They need to find some pitching depth, otherwise looks pretty solid. Roster numbers are good also.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Central should still be the favorites in 6AA. They will return starters Mock, Hoenstine, Stern, Vollkommer, Ritchey, Mellott & McKnight from last year's state runner up squad. Sophs Alex Hoenstine & Chase Smith should help make up for the losses of Cunningham, Moore & Slagenweit.
You play to win the game!!!
allaroundballer
Freshman
Freshman

Post by allaroundballer »

Bishop Guilfoyles' Jordan Rhone? small name big bat. Good fielder too.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Not sure of depth for BA, but Creppage and Luensman will carry a big load. Mark down a W on days Luensman takes the mound.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Chooch7
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Chooch7 »

Don't underestimate Bg this year coming back with good pitching staff and a load of athletic talent from sophomores and seniors