2015 American Legion Baseball thread

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
Jtwnbaseballguy
Junior
Junior

Re: 2015 American Legion Baseball thread

Post by Jtwnbaseballguy »

WPIAL~Titan wrote:Lilly draws from Penn Cambria SD, a modest sized AA school district and not exactly a HS baseball hotbed and they're 8-3.
Lilly has an excellent group to compete for a 2-3 year cycle. Most often, though, they've been middle of the pack to bottom, never seriously contended in current Cambria League setup, not sure if they've ever advanced to regional tourney. Very hard for any single high school to produce the amount of pitching you need to contend playing 4x-5x a week.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

In a rainout delay from yesterday, the Saints took a pair from the 56'ers, 10-0 (5), and 10-2.
It ain't over until it's over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Saints down Cernic's 8-1.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

Manfred wrote:Seems to happen every year with one or 2 franchises going belly up. It has nothing to do, I'm sure, of certain geographically locked teams, while others field multi-school "all star teams". You've heard this before, you'll hear it again. As long as the scales are unbalanced, this is the result. On another note, Alex Murphy threw another 1 hitter, as the Saints score 3 in the top of the 7th to pull out a win. Lantzy game this week has teams scrambling to field enough players.
I believe Portage just Forfeited their final twelve (12) games. Their record on the Legion website is now 2-18. Several teams just got the W's they were gonna get anyway, but now they don't have to expend Pitching they otherwise would have used, in a stacked end of season schedule. Hmmm, I think the normal Fine for a Forfeit is $100. They must've struck a package rate, coz $1200 is a heckova smack to the wallet.
Jtwnbaseballguy
Junior
Junior

Post by Jtwnbaseballguy »

Sorry to see it. The 7-on-7 football (on top of everything else) did them in.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Saints hang one on Somerset, 8-3. All rainouts have to be played before 7-3-15.
deerslayer
Freshman
Freshman

Post by deerslayer »

League has ZERO chance of being done by the 3rd. With all the makeups and rain in the forecast, they will lucky to be done by the 6th.
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

doubtful any games would be getting played today as well (or even this week). I can remember when my nephew played, my sister telling me they had to finish one game, then played 2 at home, then hustled up to Ebensburg to play another full game at night. It looks like those might be in the plans this season as well. The reason I remember this is my nephew had never pitched an inning of his life, but had to pitched 2 innings to complete game one so they had enough arms. They went into the game winning by nine....and only won by 1. That's what you get when Mother Nature hates baseball!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Mother Nature hates all scheduled (by man) outdoor events. Saints finished a rain-out against Lilly yesterday, pulling out a 9-7 win. Then Lilly (at Sidman field) beat Patton. Saints to host Cernic's today. Games are tentatively scheduled for every day this week. Good luck with that!
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

If I were Somerset (most likely the only field that COULD be playable) I'd offer the field for a fee. Earn a little extra funding. They'd literally have to have games from 9AM-8PM to get everyone's games in. I don't believe anyone else has turf correct? Are there any league officials (or people who know any) that can shed light as to what the "plan B" is? There is NO WAY all these games are getting in my July 6. But I'm sure Choby will pee and moan in some fashion to better his club's situation. I'm also sure he has no "plan B", as he doesn't strike me as a think ahead type of guy.