AAABA

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: AAABA

Post by knowitall »

New Orleans I is still coming.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Give them the trophy now.
It ain't over until it's over.
no/excuses
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by no/excuses »

Per AAABA site;   Buffalo (3) 12  New Orleans 3,  Paul Carpenter 6  Brooklyn(3) 3,  Altoona 11 Brooklyn(2) 5,  Youngstown 9 Columbus 7
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

2nd night attendance was, according to the T-D, 2500. Thats pathetic, even in a watered down tourney field, but I was there and would place the head count at substantially less than that, maybe 1800.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I lasted two innings Monday night.  I would say any crowd over 120 for these games should be welcomed. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

That game last night had to be brutal for anyone sitting through it.  It was also almost completely meaningless.
The loser gets to play at 10AM today.  The tournament should start getting a little better today. 
 All three Brooklyn teams went home.  
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Brutal, no. Unpleasant, yes. But I've sat through a LOT worse rains at the Point. Note I said Point. It will ALWAYS be the Point, not a place with somebody's paid-for name on it. Much the same as Conemaugh Memorial Hospital will always be that, not Puke High Dollar....oh wait, thats DUKE High POINT! My bad.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I still call the Penguins arena the Consol, I think a lot of people called the old Penguins arena the Civic Arena after many years of actually being the Mellon Arena.  I still call the concert venue in Burgettstown, Star Lake.  So the original name always resonates first and most often. 

I think that was one of the smarter thing the city has done recently however.  It's free money, no reason not to take it.  Although I think Jack Williams voted against it, as he does with most logical things that pertain to Johnstown. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

It's Duke LIFEPoint but that may soon change to RCCH/Duke Lifepoint/Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center/Lee Hospital/Mercy Hospital/etc.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

knowitall wrote:That game last night had to be brutal for anyone sitting through it.  It was also almost completely meaningless.
The loser gets to play at 10AM today.  The tournament should start getting a little better today. 
 All three Brooklyn teams went home.  
Regardless of winning or losing Buffalo 2 would have been playing at 10 am today. Martellas and PC get the hometown  treatment win or lose.