Pre-Season Favorites

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Pre-Season Favorites

Post by ERAChamp »

With the local HS baseball season a little more than a week away, my guess is that almost all of the teams have yet to have a regular outdoor practice with the horrible weather as of late.  This should bode well for pitchers early in the season.
Basketballfan12
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Pre-Season Favorites

Post by Basketballfan12 »

Something pretty cool I read on perfectgame was that cecere from Forest Hills, Grant Norris from Somerset, and Carson Ertter from Bishop Carroll were named to a "Preseason All-American team." Great to see guys from around here getting their names out there!
hitnrun10r
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by hitnrun10r »

That's pretty good them being named to that honor. If the weather ever breaks, there will be 4-5 games a week for a lot of teams, so will get to see plenty of pitching depth from teams. I think we will also get to see those teams with 1-2 good starters show exactly how good they are.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

With this epically horrible weather, have any local HS teams played a regular season game yet? I think the season is supposed to be into it's third week and I don't think anybody has played a game yet. I can't remember an early spring with this much prolonged bad weather.
hitnrun10r
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by hitnrun10r »

I know there was a good amount of teams that got some scrimmages in the Monday before the big snow. The only team I had seen that got game(s) in was Bellwood and Tyrone. Bellwood took it 3-2. Had to still be a little sloppy/cold that day. Also Bald Eagle and Penns Valley got a game in. Other than that, not looking like anyone in Bedford, Cambria(maybe a team that plays on turf) Fulton, Huntingdon or Somerset counties have played. Correct me if I'm wrong please!
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Penns Valley also got in a 13-3 win over Claysburg.

Huntingdon beat Clearfield 5-1 this past Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Pre-Season Favorites

Post by ERAChamp »

Thanks for the updates. Hopefully this weather breaks before May!!!
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

hitnrun10r wrote:I know there was a good amount of teams that got some scrimmages in the Monday before the big snow. The only team I had seen that got game(s) in was Bellwood and Tyrone. Bellwood took it 3-2. Had to still be a little sloppy/cold that day. Also Bald Eagle and Penns Valley got a game in. Other than that, not looking like anyone in Bedford, Cambria(maybe a team that plays on turf) Fulton, Huntingdon or Somerset counties have played. Correct me if I'm wrong please!
Northern Cambria beat Blairsville I believe it was a week ago last Friday. May have been the only Heritage game so far.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Blueandwhitefan wrote:
hitnrun10r wrote:I know there was a good amount of teams that got some scrimmages in the Monday before the big snow. The only team I had seen that got game(s) in was Bellwood and Tyrone. Bellwood took it 3-2. Had to still be a little sloppy/cold that day. Also Bald Eagle and Penns Valley got a game in. Other than that, not looking like anyone in Bedford, Cambria(maybe a team that plays on turf) Fulton, Huntingdon or Somerset counties have played. Correct me if I'm wrong please!
Northern Cambria beat Blairsville. I believe it was a week ago last Friday. May have been the only Heritage game so far.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Having a turf field is no guarantee this time of year either. Cold, wet, snow, all say no way Jose.
It ain't over until it's over.