Pre-Season Favorites

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Pre-Season Favorites

Post by BigSkyCountry »

Bishop McCort Tournament this Thursday and Saturday. Looks cold, but a possibility that the games could be played. I havent seen a score in the Tribune nor Daily American. Not much action at all. Pretty depressing. I would guess that most natural surfaces need 4 days of no precip, sun and a lot of wind to be ready to go.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Probably the nicest day was Good Friday, and obviously every school was off with no games scheduled. 
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

Yeah, I saw that the McCort tourney is scheduled for this weekend. Normally with the cold weather predicted they would cancel or postpone, but with weather so far this season, I'll bet they make every effort to play those games as long as there is no precipitation. With the games at the point, the field condition shouldn't be an issue.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The daytime high on Saturday is projected to be 34.
UPJ played a doubleheader in similar conditions against IUP a few weeks ago with similar temperatures.
No thanks!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

UPJ will have their girls/ boys local hoops all stars Sat. afternoon. I'll be inside where it's warmer.
It ain't over until it's over.
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BigSkyCountry »

Point Stadium for some baseball. Both Conemaugh Township and Westmont looked better than they did last year. Both had some rusty moments. Westmont used 2 pitchers that both looked average. CT used 3 pitchers - the third was a shut down guy who only pitched the final inning. Was impressed - kid was also 4-4 at the plate. CT moves on, good game 4-3. Crushers up 4-0 now on Portage. Portage is not impressing me as of this moment.
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BigSkyCountry »

McCort wins 10-6. Westmont faces Portage in consy at 12:00 to be followed by CT - McCort Championship at 3:00 - if mother nature cooperates. Good early season baseball by all, all things considered. Heart CT and Westmont fans saying it was their second time on a diamond this year.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

Yeah, local baseball is finally back!!! I read in the paper that Seitz is out for the season for McCort. Does anybody know what happened? That is a HUGE blow to them.

I can't speak for CT, but that was the first time Westmont has been on a baseball diamond all spring. Not a terrible performance considering they had not been on a field prior to that game.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

He’s having surgery on his wrist. Injured during hockey. 
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

Sorry to hear that - in his senior season no less!! He will be missed.