2018 Cambria County Legion Baseball

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2018 Cambria County Legion Baseball

Post by lgb87cape »

8-6 top 7
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Final 8-6 SM
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

Thx.
Any word on the Championship game?
Tomorrow at Bedford?
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Tomorrow. Don't know the time. Do both advance to regional or just the winner ?
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

Don't know. I'm sure it'll say in tomorrow's paper.
daungst
Freshman
Freshman

Post by daungst »

Both teams advance, final game tomorrow at 2 pm at Bedford .   Good luck to both teams, represent Cambria County American Legion well.  Great series, congrats to St. Michael.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

A take from this game. I assume the SF run was taken off the board for SM when the appeal was upheld at second when the runner was called out for leaving early for the third out. 
Incorrect!! That happened in a game last week.  We looked it up the run counts as if it were like a player trying to stretch a double into a triple and is thrown out at third after the run scored run counts. Run counts here. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Final 8-6.  Saints move on.  Tomorrow vs Bedford 1 9 inn. game @ 2 PM for all the marbles.  BOTH teams will advance to regionals regardless of outcome.  You've all been to games where the calls and interpretation of rules were just "unbelievable".  I'll leave it at that.  Somehow the Saints overcame.  1 geographically bound team and school that somehow managed to beat the team that draws from, what, 6 or is it 7 districts?
It ain't over until it's over.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Manfred wrote:Final 8-6.  Saints move on.  Tomorrow vs Bedford 1 9 inn. game @ 2 PM for all the marbles.  BOTH teams will advance to regionals regardless of outcome.  You've all been to games where the calls and interpretation of rules were just "unbelievable".  I'll leave it at that.  Somehow the Saints overcame.  1 geographically bound team and school that somehow managed to beat the team that draws from, what, 6 or is it 7 districts?
Distorted facts. Matt Grambling was quoted in the Tribune today saying Nate Kundrod was 12-13 in the series, Huh! That's mathematically impossible. Game 2 he had 2 hits game 3 4 hits that's 6 hits for games 2 and 3. Let's say he was 2 for 3 in game 2 and he was 4-4 in  game 3 for a total of 6-7 in games 2 and 3. So you're saying he went 6-6 in a 4-3 game one walk off loss where he might have gotten 3 ABs from the 7 spot ?? Taking nothing away from the kid he had a great series.
Geez! That's why I have a hard time believing when SM and other teams call games in and put stats on the website highly questionable all the time. 
Example SM two years ago bases loaded 2 outs their guy Logan Madison hit a routine ground ball to SS that went through his legs into left center no bad hop. Paper next day 2 rbi double. Nah. That's why most leagues don't award a batting champion because of all the inaccuracies  . Again taking nothing away from Nate he had a great series but the scoring and math will always be in question. 
Good luck at regionals..
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

HOW can you take anything from my quote, and turn it into nit-picking about an AB or 2 of ONE kid who yes, lifted his game and had a great series.  "Interpretation of the calls" meant when one ump either doesn't make a call or the other ump overturns the call.  It seemed like every play was being ruled against the expected underdog.  If you have a problem with the scoring, don't use a quote from me as basis for your argument, I had nothing to do with it.
It ain't over until it's over.