Coaches

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
BENgali
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Coaches

Post by BENgali »

the seniors that should not play?? I don't know names but in no way should the ones on here always mouthing off play. Maybe you were good in summer league or something but that doesn't mean you are an allstar in school ball.

someone said it right. this is not AYSO and the kids are not the coaches.
lionbaseball
Senior
Senior

Post by lionbaseball »

i would just like to know what sr. shouldn't be starting. just because they are equal in talent doesn't mean they are equal in the mental part. varsity is different then jr. high. i mean yes there are some players like kelbi that have it together to play at the varsity level but other then that most of them don't.
BENgali
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BENgali »

personally, I am not familiar with your players but in general, it can become a problem on any team when seniors feel that they are entitled to whatever they want.
lionbaseball
Senior
Senior

Post by lionbaseball »

oh i agree with that totally. when seniors aren't preforming then no they shouldn't play but if they are then wouldn't you agree they should start over a younger kid.
fastquad
Junior
Junior

Post by fastquad »

As long as they are as good as or better than the younger player
To be old and wise, you first must be young stupid.

If you mess with the bull, you're going to get the horn
InDepthCoverage
Freshman
Freshman

Post by InDepthCoverage »

Flick, you are right. Respect is earned, and you dont earn it by blaming your coaches for YOUR mistakes. Excuses only satisfy those who make them. You need to step up and take responsiblilty when you make a mistake, and then learn from it. And for those who complain for sitting on the bench, this is an clipping from a newspaper article...

For the kid who didn't make the team this year or doesn't get the playing time he or she wants, there are a few options. The first is to drop out of the sport entirely, blame others for the misfortune and carry that chip into life. Another option is to work harder and see where that work leads. Perhaps the extra time in the gym, weight room or classroom will put the person over the top. If they don't do everything they can to succeed, how can they blame anyone else when they don't?
14:59
BigBoy10
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BigBoy10 »

I totally agree with fastquads statement.
BENgali
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BENgali »

you must be from Ridge since you agree with fastquad. A true team player would agree with indepth's statement.
CRplayer
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CRplayer »

BENgali, FASTQUAD is right...you must NOT be from ridge since you don't agree...
PITTSBURGH STEELERS
fastquad
Junior
Junior

Post by fastquad »

What does not make sense about putting a older kid in that is just as good as the younger, or better. And don't say the younger one will be on the team next year, because if you do then the next year will come around, and a younger kid will step up and the kid that played the last year will not play for the same reason. And on and on it would go.
To be old and wise, you first must be young stupid.

If you mess with the bull, you're going to get the horn