What is the best pitch in baseball?

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
lionsman04
Freshman
Freshman

What is the best pitch in baseball?

Post by lionsman04 »

i think that the change up is the best. many people would prolly say a 90 mph fastball or a curve with a 12 in drop but a change up looks like the 90 mph fastball but it only comin at about 75 if they are good at throwin it
NbCwReStLeR007
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by NbCwReStLeR007 »

I would like to see more pitchers throw a nice knuckle ball. Just the look of the ball makes it a hard pitch to hit, even thou it is only coming like 50-55 mph.
Panther Baseball #40
England
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by England »

I agree i would love to see more knuckleballs. And just a little breeze will make them very nasty to hit.
Cant sleep...clown will eat me

I'd be dead if i wasn't alive.
deliverance
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deliverance »

I'm with England and NBCwrestler. I love to see the knuckle ball. I think it's because that it's such a rarity to see it thrown. Even though it doesn't have much speed, that pitch is wicked.
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

All the pitches have to be set up, what makes a great pitch are the pitches that are thrown before to set up the 'sit down' strike. It all depends on what pitches pitchers want to go with to set up how they are throwing. Certain pitchers use the curve and change to make the fast ball seem like it is shot out of a cannon. and other times its vice versa. I personally like the slurve. its a great pitch to throw to really set a batter back on his heals to just have it break over the plate. The nuckle ball really bothers me, unless you can throw it like Wakefield can if it gets any rotation at all and it happens to wander in the strike zone its going to get crushed. Any pitch that is a strike is the best pitch :cheesy:
rookie32
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by rookie32 »

A good fast ball followed by a knuckle ball is so hard to hit its like a dancing change up. It freezes batters or they get way out in front of it. I love to watch a good knuckle ball pitcher.
Sports999
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sports999 »

The best pitch in HS baseball is a good changeup. It is a lost art for a pitcher to have a good changeup that he can throw to keep guys off balance. A pitcher could go out with with a decent fastball and a good off-speed changeup and win every game IMO.
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

Thats why Eric Gibbons was and is still very good at pitching, he had the ability to change speeds without doing anything different with his motion or armspeed. He didnt win everygame because even the best have off nights, i.e. Mussina vs. the D-Rays. Changing up the speed is the key to being a great pitcher at all levels.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

How about a nastyass slider that's a few mph slower than a pitcher's fastball? Or the split-finger like Bruce Sutter and many others throw? Both wicked out-pitches.
kohlslaw5
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kohlslaw5 »

I think the world's gonna end--but I agree with Ham. Any pitch that is a strike is a good pitch--even if you throw your fastball 50 miles an hour--if you have consistency--you can throw stirkes and if they are hit--that's what the other 8 guys are there for. The best LOOKING pitch would definitely have to be the knuckleball--Makes the batter look totally defenseless when he sees one coming.
[marq=up]Image[/marq]

I am CAPTAIN OBVIOUS