#Pens vs #BlueJackets Official Thread! #StanleyCupPlayoffs

The name says it all!
Aoki11
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: #Pens vs #BlueJackets Official Thread! #StanleyCupPlayof

Post by Aoki11 »

Obviously going away up 2-0 in a series is a world different than going 1-1, but I am going to predict that if Pittsburgh takes this honest and tonight, they take the whole series. Columbus doesn't have the firepower to come back from 2-0
Aoki11
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Aoki11 »

Bylsma is a wily coyote. Creating matchup a right away. Columbus is coming out hitting right away.
Aoki11
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Aoki11 »

Pens are caught in another up and down game, they have the skill to slow it down now they just have to do it and be patient. Niskanen has the right idea, he creates space and makes the ice small for himself. Offensively, great histle by Gibby, he deserves both those goals. Hope his injury isn't too serious.
Aoki11
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Aoki11 »

Columbus is on an energy run, MAF kept them in the game. They made it to second intermission but they can't hold on with this tube of play.
Aoki11
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Aoki11 »

That goal was given to Columbus, fleury has played way too well to be jipped like that
Aoki11
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Aoki11 »

The biggest exclamation point on this game right now (and possibly this season) is shorthanded goals. An ongoing trend.
Aoki11
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Aoki11 »

I am not one to blame losses on refs or officials of any form because I know how difficult the job can be and I also believe that is a big time scapegoat. But tonight a totally different story, no reason Columbus should have had that 3rd goal, clean solid hit by Letang. That stuff is taught in junior hockey, hell I remember my coach telling me "if a guy has his head down, you take the body on him" and the argument that it was delayed is bogus. It was a 2 stride, 1 second hit, I counted it multiple times. Clean. End of story. Brandon Dubinsky can deliberately pick on Crosby all night but they only make those calls accordingly because "Crosby is a crybaby". I'll tell you what if I dangle through people night on and night out only to get cheapshotted every time there's a chance, I would Prob be a crybaby too. What a bogus game.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Fleury came to play tonight...the others not so much!!! Letang had a great seat for that game winner! Ridiculous.
You play to win the game!!!
Aoki11
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Aoki11 »

Brian gibbons came to play, niskanen came to play, I thought brooks Orpik did a good job, Sutter again had a solid night. This should have been a win Dragons. Power play, didn't execute, they were outhit and they lacked in the faceoff department (again). This is a physically CBJ team, an their objective is to wear pittsburghs stars down and, for lack of a better term, survive. Bad night full of bad calls.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Too many lazy turnovers, Letang was terrible, another shorty allowed, Malkin & Sid need to step up under the bright lights and did I mention Letang was terrible? Ugh!!!
You play to win the game!!!