Michael Sam

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Michael Sam

Post by konjo78 »

After his 4 preseason games I feel like Sam has earned his spot on an nfl team. 11 tackles and 4 sacks is impressive, even if it is against lesser competition.
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

I never understand why so many people care so passionately about people that they have zero contact with or influence upon. This almost year-long passive-aggressive anti-gay discussion is just a result of individuals who were raised in a biased narrow-minded world where everything is protected by the basic tenet of free speech, while nothing is treated with genuine tolerance, courtesy, or respect.

Let's start with the simple things, gentleman... First off, Michael Sam can play football. Just like Jackie Robinson could play baseball fifty years ago. If Robinson would have lived in today's world, and said he was proud to play ball, I'm sure someone would have asked in a very deft and passive-aggressive manner, "What is he proud of? He hasn't done anything. Is he proud of being black?" Now please tell me there wouldn't be palpable undertones with that kind of statement. Actually, there probably wouldn't be any undertones at all because the political correct movement hadn't yet begun to invade daily life. Someone making such a statement in the late 1940's - early 1950's with such views would most likely use as many slurs as they had at their disposal without any thought or repercussion. But in this day and age, people have learned to conceal their thoughts with passive aggressive language that passes for honest discussion.

What many people need to wake up and realize is that the media is the culprit for Michael Sam (and anyone else like him) being exploited and brought into your homes. Want to blame anyone, blame the corporate media which will put anyone on television that puts more money in their pockets. The corporate media doesn't care if they label someone or ruin someone's career. Their motive is to create firestorms, not put them out. They did one hell of a job, too, when they aired the kiss rather than the other 248 players drafted ahead of him.

Second, blame zero-tolerance religious brainwashing which preaches that God loves everyone, but we should fear (hate, not tolerate) those who are different. Hopefully its not necessary to expand on that statement. If so, then just keep reading it until it makes sense. Finally, blame anyone who perpetuates the first two, and you've pretty much put it all in a nutshell. Exercise the brain God gave you and don't be manipulated by the ESPN, Fox News, MSNBC, talk-radio schills that all have the same motive - to make money off of the gullible masses.

Is this little rant going to change anything? Absolutely not. But I did it anyway because I just ask fellow sports fans to occasionally watch a game or a sports highlight show, and turn off the opinion. You really can get the same out of it without listening to some talking head that wants to talk about everything but the sport and has no motive other than to put his opinion out there so he can get more gigs and more money in the future. Don't believe me, then maybe someone can explain why a few years ago septuagenarian Brent Musburger could get away with creaming his pants over AJ McCarron's girlfriend rather than the actual Alabama football team??? Funny thing is that I didn't hear anyone complaining about that!!! :-?
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Jerry jones signing him...... Thank you! I maybe absent for a week or so, I've got a dozen cowboy fans to harrass lol
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

He said harrA$$ed, in a thread about a gay NFL'er! =))
It ain't over until it's over.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

I aim to please.... Oops
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

He wants to remain in St. Louis. He can't leave his new friends behind.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Wow! :ymapplause:
.... A. Einstein
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

HAHAHAHA
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

That -was- even funnier than harr-A$$-ed!
It ain't over until it's over.