why do the flyers own consol energy center?

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

why do the flyers own consol energy center?

Post by konjo78 »

12-2-1 after tonights win. I love this team but the flyers aren't very good but they were still able to come out and outplay the pens on the road. Is this becoming a mental thing for both teams?
theoneandonly
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: why do the flyers own consol energy center?

Post by theoneandonly »

Different players... different coaches... different years. I don't put much stock into it really. They play there twice a year (excluding potential playoffs). Losing twice a year to a team at home isn't going to make or break the Pens this year.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I think it's funny how Flyers fan were calling this a big game. It's the 5th game of the year for the Pens and 7th for the Flyers. I mean maybe it was for the Flyers because they did only have 1 win heading into the game and are afraid to be buried in the basement of the competitive Metro division.

Big games don't happen until April.
Aoki11
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Aoki11 »

theoneandonly wrote:Different players... different coaches... different years. I don't put much stock into it really. They play there twice a year (excluding potential playoffs). Losing twice a year to a team at home isn't going to make or break the Pens this year.
The flyers played at consol 3 times last year, and it is starting to become something we should "put more stock into". Are the penguins equally as good on the road at Philly? I think it's starting to become a mental thing that they just can't get past. How about the PP last night? Why did it go cold all the sudden against a team who barely even belonged on the same ice as them. I don't want to hear the excuse that Philly defended it well; no **** because they ha nothing to defend.

It's early and don't see me as pointing fingers already but not really impressed yet.
Aoki11
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Aoki11 »

Whoever made the comment "different players, different coaches" is exactly right, we are getting the same result from them. Mediocracy. I'm not sold on this new "high octane" offense. Offense isn't the side of the puck that is problematic. My 5 year old son said "wow daddy that guy with the big hair is horrible" he was talking about letang. And he is right. I've been optimistic about him for too long, and i know I'm going back on my earlier posts but he needs to go
theoneandonly
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theoneandonly »

Letang doesn't have long hair anymore....

And don't say "we"... Unless you're on the team. And in that case, congrats!
Aoki11
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Aoki11 »

theoneandonly wrote:Letang doesn't have long hair anymore....

And don't say "we"... Unless you're on the team. And in that case, congrats!
Well, my son watched him play last year and he's 5 years old so knowing that number 58 is letang he associates him with his hair (dang toddlers and their schemas!!!), and lol okay you obviously can't read I said "WE keep getting the same result from THEM" clearly distinguishing myself from them. Any other arguments you want to use over again? Just asking seriously.
Aoki11
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Aoki11 »

Konjo, I would like to know what you think of Crosby's leadership this year? Did you watch the game tonight? Did you happen to see Crosby hit zetterberg from behind? If so what are your thoughts
theoneandonly
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theoneandonly »

Aoki... read it wrong, my apologies.
Aoki11
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Aoki11 »

No need to apologize my man, how many times have I messed up and took something you said out of context? A lot lol, people make mistakes.

Let's talk hockey, right now as a pens fan there is a lot to be concerned about