Which Way Is It, Cultists?

The name says it all!
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Which Way Is It, Cultists?

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

For decades as we Pitt fans would bash Joe Paterno as "Weekend at Bernies", essentially a cardboard cutout figure head, who does no coaching, no real recruiting, no control over the program, Cultists would admonish us. Cultists would brag about how sharp Joe is. Cultists would tell us about Joe still knowing if a kid cuts class, jaywalks, or sleeps in. Cultists would brag about how Joe knew the names of parent's parents. Cultists would proudly boast about how Joe was the youngest 77 year old, or 78 year old or 83 year old, or whatever. JoePa was immortal. He was truly just a freak of nature who must have been sent from God, sitting at the Lord's side, molding young men of only the highest character and most impeccible moral integrity. Joe Paterno was a Brown grad, an Ivy Leaguer, who was to become a lawyer, but fell in love with football and would marry academics and athletics instead. WWJD=What Would Joe Do? HE is the one who models how we all should live our lives. The world would be a better place because of HIS presence.

Now? Reading the excertps from the upcoming Paterno book to be released, Joe was frail and feeble minded. Joe didn't understand what Red was saying. Joe didn't know what sodomize meant. Joe didn't know anything about Sandusky, was kept in the dark, and even when he was told, didn't understand what some of the hideous terms were. The Cultists want it both ways with Paterno. Cultists are NOW saying that Joe was essentially a doddering old, senile fool, and you cannot hold him accountable for the oversights and lack of actions by all those involved with Sandusky.

Cultists, I am confused. Please help me to understand what I am to believe. So, Joe didn't know about Sandusky, because he couldn't have known. So he is not guilty, at least not as guilty as the media has made him out to be. Let's say for a minute that we buy that. Then, shouldn't His wins be vacated anyways, because He had as much to do with the wins as the man in the moon??? I mean, if he couldn't understand and know what a pedophile is, and how wrong it is, how could he possibly gameplan for Michigan or Ohio State? So if Joe is as innocent as The Cultists say he is, then the wins should be vacated, because he had as much to do with the wins as I did, right?

Please, can any Cultist reply and clarify? Was Joe Paterno, the man who knew all, was a sharp as a tack, and who controlled his program? because if he was all-knowing then there is NO WAY he didn't know about Jer...ORRRRRRRRRRRR was he a phyiscal and mental invalid, walking around in a bathrobe, drooling on himself, a feeble minded, senile old man who knew no better??? While the latter may make him less culpable, it also indicates his overall coaching record and greatness was nothing but fantasy and tall tales.

Pick your posion. Which way is it? You can't have it both ways.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Re: Which Way Is It, Cultists?

Post by Coach »

I couldn't make it through your whole post but I don't feel he was a blubbering fool. He may have been a 75-85 year old man through this though who truthfully doesn't know what all that is. Many people his age don't. My pap would have never thought people were capable of doing evil things like JS did.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

And do you need to start so many topics? They all say the same thing...your interest in Penn State and it's sports programs.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

Sodomy was in the bible. Sodom and Gomorrah? This isn't some new thing that Uncle Jerry created that no one born before 1940 would know anything about.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Paterno was an Ivy educated, self-proclaimed Renaissance Man. Are you trying to tell me he didn't understand what was going on with Sandusky? I thought that Paterno knew everything, even the amount of paper clips in the secretary's desk?

If you believe that Joe didn't know or understand, I have some beachfront property in Breezewood, PA to sell you for $1M a half acre, $10M for an acre, and $60M for the whole plot. Maybe the NCAA will buy the whole lot in a few years after they've collected their fines from PSU.

It's not just me, Coach. There has been a PSU issue with a different twist written about by the mainstream media every single day since November.

When you talk about me saying the same thing, it's called VINDICATION.

You see, I am doing THE EXACT SAME THING that the PSU football cultists have been so arrogantly and condescendingly shoving down central PA's throats (and the rest of the world's throats, for that matter) since 1966...This is Vindication for hearing THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER for DECADES from sanctimonious holier-than-thou PSU football Cultists. We have all had to constantly and repetitively hear things from The PSU Football Cult like:

Success With Honor

The Grand Experiment

The Penn State Way

The Paterno Way

Shady McCoy, Larry Fitz, Tony Dorsett, etc. weren't PSU material

PSU should be an Ivy league school because they have such high academic standards

We have never had an NCAA violation

WE ARE...Penn State...morally, ethically, academically, and athletically superior to all

Not leaving college athletics to the Sherrills and Switzers of the world

Donating money, naming libraries, and erecting statues ALL with the CAMERAS ROLLING

The list could go on. All of this has been repeatedly FORCE FED to the rest of the world outside the cult as if it were gospel for decades.

WELL, I NEVER BOUGHT IT. Not one single bit.

Now, PSU football, your time of reckoning has come, in the form of the most sinister, evil, ruthless tragic scandal and cover up ever to affect all of world athletics, let alone NCAA athletics...and I, for one, am here to underscore the "comeuppance."

The proof is in the pudding. The BS coming from the PSU and Paterno PR machine for decades has been nothing but FABRICATION, LIES, and MYTHS.

Coach, I am sure that there are many good folks who are PSU grads. I know many of them who are friends, family, collegaues. The majority of them are appalled at what has been allowed to happen at their university and place the blame on all parties, including PATERNO, Spanier, Curley, Shultz, law enforcement, and even themselves for putting one man so high on a pedestal and for placing football above all.

Yet, there is still a large segment of PSU Football Cultists who blame the media, and even the janitors and victims themselves for bringing down the curtain. There are cultists who would be happy with anything as long as Paterno's name is cleared. Do you cultists see who you've recently elected to your board? Anthony Lubrano? Are you serious? Electing a cultist like Lubrano is proof that you still dont get it.

The Cult doesn't get it. Electing Lubrano, student riots, etc. prove that. Erickson gets it, at least to some degree, but is being crucified by the Cult. This is why they need to shut football down for 4-5 years, then bring it back in a deemphasized form (FCS or even PSAC). PSU needs desperately to get back to the business of educating the future and restoring trust, honesty, and integrity that was destroyed by Paterno and his cronies.

The Cultists refuse to believe the overwhelming evidence that Joe Paterno was a con man and a liar extraordinaire, an egotistical, self-serving, evil son of a gun who controlled the entire university and the PR machine known as Penn State for his own benefit.

Why do you think Paterno sobbed uncontrollably to his former coaching staff the day after he was fired? Because he was sad for the victims? For the university? For his lap dogs Curley and Spanier? HE SOBBED BECAUSE HE WAS CAUGHT, EXPOSED AS A FRAUD, and because his "good" name and fortune, which was manufactured through propaganda, myths, and lies, was now as good as GONE.

It is these folks to who my message is targeted.
Last edited by WPIAL~Titan on August 18th, 2012, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

, go watch a Shaler scrimmage or something. For GOD's sake, and ours, please find another outlet for your venom.
It ain't over until it's over.
KirkHerbstreit
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by KirkHerbstreit »

There are many people with issues in worshipping Paterno. I agree. However, I think you may have the biggest issue of anyone I have ever seen. You have a real sickness. That is the only way I can classify it. I can see discussing the topic. I can see presenting your topic. However, the amount of time and effort you put in to posting your anti paterno agenda on what may be 75 people on a messageboard is bizarre. Seek help
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Not much time at all, a few minutes here and there. I have many references. I guess you haven't seen what the mainstream media is doing to Paterno.

You think I need help. Sandusky is beyond help. Spanier, Curley, and Shultz need a lot of help, Paterno's legacy needs help...BUT, here are the people who need the help Kirk...
These people need help.
These people need help.
doc4ec037477d7ab711414249.jpg

Author unknown
KirkHerbstreit
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by KirkHerbstreit »

agreed they do and your obsession with them needs help as well.
vman
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by vman »

KirkHerbstreit wrote: I think you may have the biggest issue of anyone I have ever seen. You have a real sickness. That is the only way I can classify it. I can see discussing the topic. I can see presenting your topic. However, the amount of time and effort you put in to posting your anti paterno (substtute McCort) agenda on what may be 75 people on a messageboard is bizarre. Seek help
Have you ever read Moldo?
I have to say thank you to me ..." for not being stupid enough to go to Penn State."