Pat Chambers got off easy

The name says it all!
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Re: Pat Chambers got off easy

Post by S Cube »

This debate is so lame. The horse was beaten to death long ago. Pitt has had touble makers and bad students. Penn State has had trouble makers and bad students. New Mexico State has had trouble makers and bad students. Hawaii has had trouble makers and bad students. Can we just move on?
KirkHerbstreit
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by KirkHerbstreit »

Scube. I agree 100 percent.
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

However, I should add that Penn State has far more trouble makers and poor students than the schools named above. :)
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Back to the original topic. There are 347 teams in Sagarin's Division I college baskertball rankings. Penn State is presently ranked 203, right behind Morehead State.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Goody and Kirk,

Well...Since you want to list names from all over the program, I'll end this discussion right now:

Joe Paterno
Jerry Sandusky
Graham Spainer
Tim Curley
Gary Shultz

No list of criminals from any organized sports team in the history of the world have ever or will ever top that list. Not in our lifetimes. What could be worse than what those 5 did?

And all you can come up with is Ricky Gary..end of discussion??? You want to compare Ricky Gary to what happened at PSU? Ricky Gary>Paterno and his minions who covered up child abuse and his 2nd in command who raped young boys in the showers a few steps away from the King's office??? Sadly, that type of comparison demonstrates the lack of perspective and minimization of the PSU football scandal. Cultists like you two, Lubrano,and Franco are still preaching that Joe didn't know. Not a single thing has changed the football only culture at PSU.

The NCAA needs to shut down that renegade, rouge cult football program for 5 years. Tear down the Beav. Rebuild a 10,000 seat stadium like Mansion Park. Let PSU play in the PSAC with the rest of the state schools beginning on 2018. Let that deemphasis of football be an omnipresent, enduring, indelible reminder that integrity, honesty, and speaking up and doing the right thing especially for our world's most vulnerable (children) should be their core values.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Was Pitt put on probation to deemphasize football? It seems like they did.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I finally figured out who WPIAL is...

He is the football player that was falling behind in school and Paterno was sent by the coaching staff to talk to his girlfriend about getting him back on track in school. When Paterno went to talk to Suzanne Pohland about her boyfriend's school work he ended up developing a friendship and eventually married WPIAL's sweetheart. WPIAL eventually did end up getting kicked off the team and expelled from school, leading WPIAL into a lifetime of bitterness to the man that stole his girl. He took his hatred to a message board with about 100 active members. Sorry bro, but Joe stole you girl man. Sue's a nice lady.

I just read about you a few days ago in Posnanski's book.
Goodwill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goodwill »

abpk2903 wrote:I finally figured out who WPIAL is...

He is the football player that was falling behind in school and Paterno was sent by the coaching staff to talk to his girlfriend about getting him back on track in school. When Paterno went to talk to Suzanne Pohland about her boyfriend's school work he ended up developing a friendship and eventually married WPIAL's sweetheart. WPIAL eventually did end up getting kicked off the team and expelled from school, leading WPIAL into a lifetime of bitterness to the man that stole his girl. He took his hatred to a message board with about 100 active members. Sorry bro, but Joe stole you girl man. Sue's a nice lady.

I just read about you a few days ago in Posnanski's book.

LOL good one! Whew WPInheAdL almost had me when he said "I'll end this discussion right now" for the 150th time.
Why?
The Ancient Enemy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by The Ancient Enemy »

Moldo,

Chambers has 4 3-star players coming in next season. You gotta start somewhere, man.
"I can and will be hard anytime with or without my boyz!!!" - Hollywood

"Their jerseys make me want to run through the desert and tackle a terrorist." - nLions1
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

....You knew it was coming. It was only a matter of time. From Today's BlueWhiteIllustrated:
...."The student-athletes and coaches (of Penn State's men's basketball team) have remained positive in spite of an 'impossible personnel setback early in the season - the loss of senior point guard Tim Frazier'. The Nittany Lions are at a MAJOR disadvantage against EVERY SINGLE Big Ten opponent they face. Simply put, when Ed DeChellis left in May 2011, Chambers was left with A) an IMPOSSIBLY TRUNCATED recruiting season, and B) a roster devoid of legitimate basketball talent.
....How much better would the Nittany Lions have fared in the wins column with a healthy Tim Frazier. Flatly, they would have been considerably better. The team lost confidence without Frazier. Consequently, the Nittany Lions now take shots that are not as open as they'd been with their senior FACILATOR on the floor." And it goes on and on.
....So with a record of 8-15, and 0-11 in the Big Ten, Pat Chambers is blaming his teams record on Ed DeChellis for leaving the cupboard bare, and Frazier getting injured. Sounds a little like Obama still blaming the problems of the nation on George Bush. Hey, it ain't his fault. As if ONE bad recruiting season was going to make that much of a difference. I mean, are you telling me that if first year Pat Chambers would have had his OWN recruiting season, that HIS recruits would be starting as sophomores and redshirt freshmen? Where are all HIS own recruits from last year's class? Thank goodness that D J Newbill bailed on Southern Mississippi and showed up in Happy Valley or the Nits may have only won a couple of games. And the Frazier excuse? PSU only beat St. Francis by 7 WITH Frazier.
....And, seeking every advantage he can muster to increase attendance this Thursday night at the BJC against Iowa, Chambers has agreed to donate $10 of his own money to THON for every PSU student who attends the game. Of course, what guy is gonna take his date to see Penn State basketball on Valentine's Day, unless he's gonna break up with her that night.