Penn state vs ohio state

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Penn state vs ohio state

Post by konjo78 »

On a scale of 1-10 how much would you say penn state choked???

Id go 9
stangin80
Junior
Junior

Re: Penn state vs ohio state

Post by stangin80 »

Penn States OC-2..Penn States DC-10
no/excuses
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by no/excuses »

Total lack of preparation by coaching staff. Dominated on both lines. Defense was nowhere  to be found.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

Offensive and Defensive Lines for Penn State were non existent in the second half. They were honestly the soul reasons for the score turn around.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Up 18 late in half, and up 15 with 11:00 left. The entire 4th quarter looked like Barrett was throwing routes to his receivers in warm ups. Big time choke. Macy Gray big. Tried to say goodbye and he choked.

Other than the B1G Championship last year, Jimmy can't win big games. Totally out coached last year at Pitt, Michigan, and vs. USC. Awful job today by Jimmy and staff...but hey, every game is The Super Bowl
for JF, even Akron, right?

The only outcome that this game determined is that now  tOSU (instead of PSU) gets to lose by 5TDs in the BCS game.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

Could it be.. and I'm just throwing this out there.  Ohio State has more talent right now?

Look, you can second guess decisions all you want.  I do as well.  The point of the game where it was lost was when PSU recovered the fumble in plus territory up 11, went three and out and had there punt blocked.  I thought they should have thrown more against press coverage and loading up the box on Barkley but they didn't.  I'm not going to think for a second that I know more football than Joe Moorehead so I'll just accept it. 

Bottom line on the road, against a very talented team, coming off a bye week, they lost by one point.  He has just started to bring in the best players in the country.  Give the guy and his staff a chance.  Do you remember 01, 03, and 04?  I do.  Under Franklin and co. that will never happen. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I mean when you are up by 3 and 2 scores in a game and lose, epecially up 2 scores in the 4th quarter, its a choke by everyone.
Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

konjo78 wrote:I mean when you are up by 3 and 2 scores in a game and lose, epecially up 2 scores in the 4th quarter, its a choke by everyone.
Sure it was.  It's the definition of a choke.  But like you said....by everyone.  It happens in football, at all levels, the game is in control, and then one bad thing happens, and it snowballs.  Remember last year's superbowl?  I was ready to go to bed. 
All I'm saying is I'm not ready to fire the guy and say his assistants suck.  It was a bad loss because of the circumstances, but as I said, it happens to everyone at some point.  They'll bounce back, depending on how things shake out (there's an awful lot of football left), they'll still have a shot at the play-off.  A shot, maybe not though.  12-1 and new year's six bowl win wouldn't be a bad year though.