Pitt Basketball

The name says it all!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pitt Basketball

Post by El-Moldo »

I don't think you do. You've never like Stallings from the moment he was hired.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

There's a difference between thinking Pitt hired a bad coach, and wanting Pitt to fail. I can assure you I want Pitt to win the game on Saturday, and the one after that, and the one after that.  
I probably support/defend Kevin Stallings more than 90% of the fan base in all reality.  I just don't think Pitt should have hired him.  
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

I finally had a chance to watch the Panthers against Syracuse tonight.   Man, they really are as bad as advertised!  Granted playing against the zone is tough, but they just don’t look like a D1 team.  I hope not, but this program could struggle for years to come.  
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

You're right. They are not good. But they'll get better. 4 of tonight's starters were playing high school ball last year at this time. The other is a sophomore, and the 1st player of the bench is in his 1st year in I-A basketball, having played in junior college the last 2 years. The only way to go for these guys is up.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

On a side note. Pitt transfer Cam Johnson had his best night as a Tar Heel leading the team with 21 points and hitting 6-9 from 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I like some of Pitt's young guys. But a lot of them shouldn't be on an ACC roster.  It'll be interesting to see what happens in the offseason. 
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

It's nice to see Cameron Johnson starting to do well at NC. I have no grudge against him. And speaking of transfers, Payton Banks, who bailed on PSU in April with one year remaining, is making some noise at South Florida, averaging 13.3 points per game.
IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by IHeartFootball2 »

The thing that kills me about Pitt b-ball this year is the lack of fundamentals. I can understand they are all new & young pups but not boxing out, not helping on defense, careless passes that are turnovers makes it hard to watch sometimes. Maybe I am just used to Dixon’s teams always being pretty good at those things but this team needs to work on them more than they apparently do.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Panthers left their 1st conference win get away tonight vs NC State. Double digit 2nd half lead and just couldn't close it out. Tough loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Illinois won tonight to become 1-8, leaving Pitt and Saint John's as the only major conference teams that are winless. Pitt had the worst attendance for a conference game in Petersen Events Center history tonight as well. 

The rumblings of Kevin Stallings not returning next year are starting to seem more realistic to me.