UCF

The name says it all!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

UCF

Post by CCDevil2012 »

UCF has proclaimed themselves National Champions citing their undefeated season and beating Auburn who beat the 2 teams playing in the championship game. They are having a parade and hanging a banner that says National Champions. Agree or disagree? 

If college football was all about money, they should allow a televised exhibition between the winner of Monday's game and UCF.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: UCF

Post by old school »

Are they handing out participation trophies also?
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
Baller21
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Baller21 »

Participation trophy for undefeated D1 football program I believe they have earned a lot more then NCAA gave them.
I wouldn’t necessarily go All national title parade but in UCF defense they beat every team in front of them what more could they do? They will be only undefeated team in country and wasn’t the point of the playoff system to make sure an undefeated team like this had chance to win title? NCAA is a money grab and doesn’t care for fair national championship. If I was UCF I would make this a huge debate and make sure everyone knew the NCAA wanted money and not a real national championship playoff
Disclaimer: I’m not saying UCF would win title but they deserved a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Well if you're going to go this far, you Meyersdale do it big and have the parade as well.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Parades mean nothing....ffs Cleveland is having one for going 0-16....if I was a player on that team I’d be embarrassed
Baller21
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Baller21 »

Oh geez hank even Berlin does the meyersdale thing. I’ll never understand your westpac people haha

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I mean its not uncommon for multiple teams to claim themselves national champions in college football with the bowl system.

By having no clear logical system to determine a national champion you open yourself up for these situations. And if UCF doing this makes the FBS system improve then I am all for it.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Nobody has proclaimed themselves national champions since 2003 USC.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Baller21 wrote:Oh geez hank even Berlin does the meyersdale thing. I’ll never understand your westpac people haha

It's easier to say Meyersdale than "might as well". Needs to be added to Pittsburgese
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Post by Awdhaemel »

Simple solution,  take 5 power conference winners and 3 at large bids for playoffs. Which would of given us current final 4 plus UCF,  USC,  OSU, And PSU/Auburn/Wisconsin