Bell is at it again

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bell is at it again

Post by konjo78 »

Cool how many defenders could the steelers grab instead of paying him 15 plus million a year.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Fire all the coaches and trade up in the draft to get a new qb.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I wouldnt fire Tomlin. A 13-3 season isnt bad and even butler is fine. Losing shazier hurts but that defense couldnt do anything at all today...

Bens turnovers were more jacksonville playing solid and less about Bens mistake, he was doing the most he could
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

The blind side sack/ fumble was key. Maybe some better protection on that side next year?
It ain't over until it's over.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

konjo78 wrote:I wouldnt fire Tomlin. A 13-3 season isnt bad and even butler is fine. Losing shazier hurts but that defense couldnt do anything at all today...

Bens turnovers were more jacksonville playing solid and less about Bens mistake, he was doing the most he could
keep butler are you kidding
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

They were a top ranked defense and lead the league in sacks... They lost their top defensive player/leader. Not a full excuse but one bad game defensively doesnt mean fire a man
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

A couple things about the steelers game today.  First and foremost, their defense was horrible.  Giving up 5 touchdowns to Blake Bortles in Pittsburgh?

The coaching was horrible.  Two fourth and inches and they run a power sweep and throw the ball 20 yards down the field.  That is on Ben, Haley and Tomlin.  No excuse not to run a QB sneak.  They also had a fourth and five, and completed a TD to AB.  But if he doeesn't make a great catch, that's another failed 4th down.  The onside kick - when a FG by Jacksonville seals the game.  Then Tomlin doesn't call a time out before the 2 minute warning.  That cost them about 11 seconds.  There was no advantage not to call a time out there because the jags were going to run all three downs and he only had two left.   Worst coached game I have seen in a long time.  I don't know if you fire somebody over one game,  but if you would fire someone over a game - this is the game.

Also - the steelers deserved to lose this game, but my goodness the officiating was horrible.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

You shouldn't lose a home playoff game to a team that was quarterbacked by Blake Bortles while scoring 42 points.  It just shouldn't happen. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I mean jacksonvilles offense went threw their running game not bortles... They got points from bortles on play action passes, any qb could hit those recievers.

I can defend the onside kick because I had 0 faith the defense would force them into a 3 and out, wouldnt blame tomlin for feeling the same way.

You could tell those 4th down playcalls were Haleys because at Ben was ripping him on the sideline... Ben played a pretty amazing game to get the steelers even close to a win. If you told me the offense put up 42 on any team I would say they should win the game
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Here’s my issue with the coaching other than what’s been mentioned. Seems like every freaking week, the defense gets picked apart early or nailed for a big play early on... that’s preparation!!! Haley’s playcalling and Tomlins game management usually sucks. Although I think Tomlins been better at it lately than in prior years. But still only puts him mid pack at best when comparing to others in the league... if you have 2 weeks to game plan for a team and an offense, there’s absolutely no excuse for coming out like they did on defense today.. there are several games that stand out to me that makes me question Butlers competence at that position..... Haley just plain sucks butt