College Hoops

The name says it all!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: College Hoops

Post by Manfred »

DragonsDoExist wrote:Seen where Carr and Stevenson were granted their release with restrictions. Carr intends to appeal the restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe Chambers can recruit players from Neuman-Goretti this year.  Or similar.
It ain't over until it's over.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Manfred wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:Seen where Carr and Stevenson were granted their release with restrictions. Carr intends to appeal the restrictions.

Maybe Chambers can recruit players from Neuman-Goretti this year.  Or similar.
Gladly take the big guy from Kennedy Catholic.

You play to win the game!!!
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Final Four bound!!![emoji6]

Nice games from Stevens (30), Carr (25) and Garner (19). Rest of team combined for 11.

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Pitt has offered Rhode Island coach Danny Hurley its head coaching position. 3 million a year. That would make him a top-12 highest paid coach in college basketball. Should know in the next 24 hours. UConn and staying at URI is in the mix. Neither school can come close to Pitt financially.
With rumors swirling of Pitt offering top 15 money for their next hoops coach found this interesting...

EMU announced that their athletic department is in debt and dropped 4 sports programs including wrestling and softball. Much of the blame is being placed on former AD and current Pitt AD Heather Lyke. Current AD says she left the program in a terrible situation.

Now obviously Pitt makes a lot more money than EMU and is in no danger of being in debt but it does raise concern of whether she was a good hire. Here's hoping she makes the right move with the hoops hire!

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

What makes you think pitt isnt close to debt? I was the same way a few years ago but i found out both of the major washington school's athletics lose a few million each year for their universities.

Pitts attendance for their major sports isnt exactly screaming money maker at the moment.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

konjo78 wrote:What makes you think pitt isnt close to debt? I was the same way a few years ago but i found out both of the major washington school's athletics lose a few million each year for their universities.

Pitts attendance for their major sports isnt exactly screaming money maker at the moment.
Honestly have no clue just figured a P5 school would not be in that situation given the $ the NCAA is bringing in. You are very right, I could be wrong.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The ACC has good revenue sharing. Pitt's not in debt, that's why their offer is more than UConn's, because they play in the American. Life in the power five is good financially. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I mean wash state and university of washington are in that power 5 and lose money annually?

I think dragons point is the new AD spent way too much on athetics at their old school and maybe with spending so much on a hire has to put some warning flares out
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Sounds like it had more to do with her committing $35M to a failed football program at EMU. I'm sure Crimson is correct here and the ACC teams are all doing ok financially.

Another ACC gig now open as Louisville informed Padgett he will not be retained as HC.

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Fillipponi now saying Miller was interested and wanted the job but AD Lyke didn't want to "stake her reputation as an athletic administrator" on the Miller hire.

Believe it or not???