Pirates vs. Marlins April 13-15

The name says it all!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Pirates vs. Marlins April 13-15

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Friday, 7:10  - Chad Kuhl (1-0 5.06) vs. Dillon Peters (1-1 9.35)
Saturday, 7:10 - Jameson Taillon (2-0 1.26) vs. Trevor Richards (0-1 8.64) 
Sunday, 1:10 - Ivan Nova (1-1 5.19) vs. Jose Urena (0-2 5.06) 
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pirates vs. Marlins April 13-15

Post by crfball »

Should sweep. I'll say two of three.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Yeah these are the type of series that have given the Pirates trouble in the past. Need to take care of the bad teams when you can.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Gotta get the next 2, playing bad baseball tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Another gem by Gerrit Cole last night. Career-high 14 K's.   Now you have to wonder if the Pirates pitching coaches and instructors didn't exactly know what they are doing, at least in the case with Gerrit Cole.  The Pirates got some solid seasons out of Cole, but 2015 was the only time he was the dominant Ace we all expected him to be. 

Houston's front office and coaching staff has done little wrong in recent seasons, hence why they were world series champions. They have him throwing less fastballs than Pittsburgh did, and he's mixing in more offspeed stuff. And it's working. 
Also, Charlie Morton seems to be pitching better in Houston than he ever did in Pittsburgh.  

The Pirates have been able to "fix" some pitchers under this current regime. But it's a little concerning some guys they've had the chance to groom for years leave a lot to be desired and go onto look better once they leave Pittsburgh. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Pretty crazy win for the Bucs last night.  They'll look to grab the series again today. If we still don't know much about this team yet since it's early, at least they are playing well on the road thus far. 
IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by IHeartFootball2 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Another gem by Gerrit Cole last night. Career-high 14 K's.   Now you have to wonder if the Pirates pitching coaches and instructors didn't exactly know what they are doing, at least in the case with Gerrit Cole.  The Pirates got some solid seasons out of Cole, but 2015 was the only time he was the dominant Ace we all expected him to be. 

Houston's front office and coaching staff has done little wrong in recent seasons, hence why they were world series champions. They have him throwing less fastballs than Pittsburgh did, and he's mixing in more offspeed stuff. And it's working. 
Also, Charlie Morton seems to be pitching better in Houston than he ever did in Pittsburgh.  

The Pirates have been able to "fix" some pitchers under this current regime. But it's a little concerning some guys they've had the chance to groom for years leave a lot to be desired and go onto look better once they leave Pittsburgh. 
I agree to a point about Cole but I think he would of had a better record if he ever had any run support. It seemed like every time he pitched he’d get 1 run here & there. And I’m sure you can say that about other pitchers. It just stood out to me that he never got any run support. But right now he just looks so dominate & confident.