Anthem Protest Policy: NFL

The name says it all!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Anthem Protest Policy: NFL

Post by Manfred »

Will this 'new' policy be a unity thing with teams? What I mean is, will Alex Villanueva be the only Steeler out there standing at attention, hand over his heart, singing the National Anthem while the rest of his teammates are in the locker room checking their twitter and FB accounts, or will he be 'forced' to stay inside with the rest of the ingrates?
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Manfred wrote:Will this 'new' policy be a unity thing with teams?  What I mean is, will Alex Villanueva be the only Steeler out there standing at attention, hand over his heart, singing the National Anthem while the rest of his teammates are in the locker room checking their twitter and FB accounts, or will he be 'forced' to stay inside with the rest of the ingrates?
Have you pledged your allegiance yet today?
no/excuses
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by no/excuses »

I have zero sympathy for these privileged punks. They can push their imaginary agenda on their own time.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

One of the greatest cons in American history has been the president turning this into an anti-military protest, and people buying it.  The NFL owners don't care that the players are using their notoriety to bring to light social injustices, they care that they could possibly lose some money.  That's why this "compromise" was made. Roger Goodell and the 32 NFL owners aren't patriotic, they just like money and they are afraid of Trump. 
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Well said Crimson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Yeah I guess the video of the beatdown, tazing and arrrest of the milwaulke bucks player was just imaginary
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

So wait, you don’t think the National Anthem has anything to do with honoring the sacrifics that men and women have made to protect our country and it’s freedoms? 

If it’s not about them, then why is it even played and honored at all? 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I think both sides have a solid reason to believe they are right. Unfortunately this is another case in this country where we would rather not listen to one another on either side and divide ourselves then come together for a positive solution
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

abpk2903 wrote:So wait, you don’t think the National Anthem has anything to do with honoring the sacrifics that men and women have made to protect our country and it’s freedoms? 

If it’s not about them, then why is it even played and honored at all? 
Who said that? 
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

konjo78 wrote:I think both sides have a solid reason to believe they are right. Unfortunately this is another case in this country where we would rather not listen to one another on either side and divide ourselves then come together for a positive solution
This pretty much sums it up and it’s unfortunate this has become the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!